X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a3 gyro problems!!

got this on the 23rd of march problems from the strat wish u got instructions with it.i have it hooked up but when u flip on hover the rudder kicks off to one side tried everything done playing with it.messed around for 4 hrs trying to get it to work.guardians eagletree works so much better and easier!

RE: a3 gyro problems!!

Instructions are online. Did you watch the set up video ?

Comment

sure did 3 times does not show how to get hover option off of rudder and put it back on elevator.

Comment

I would start by going thru the menu and seeing what you have everything set on for starters

Comment

ya i done that too! cannot figure how to get it to switch back to elevator. have no idea which set of blinks before or when to hold button down or how to get into that part of setup,video does not go into that and no instructions on none of that kind of setup. need better video showing that or instructions would be nice.

Comment

got it fixed,found out how to reset it,now if i could just figure out how to set it so i can have auto balance then flip switch and have hover won,t let u set it that way.only normal then auto balance or normal then hover that,s it.anyone know how to fix that?

Comment

First of all let's make sure we're talking about the same gyro, you have the A3 6 axis, not the A3-L3 correct? To go from auto balance to auto hover you need to be in mode one..when you go into the setting mode by pressing down the set button for two seconds and releasing it when it blinks rapidly. Then when it gets to 7 flashes, press it once, now your changing the flight modes..you want the blue mode, short presses until you get to blue

Comment

It sounds like the gyros orientation was incorrect. Best way to check for that is to flip switch into auto blance and see what happens. If the plane is sitting on the deck and the surfaces deflect in autobalance then the gyro thinks its rightside up when maybe its not. When I was first setting up the A3 in my FMS Extra I had everything perfect, then I flipped auto balance and everything moved as if it were trying to roll the plane upside down. This was because on the Extra the gyro is mounted flat and inverted.

What I should have done first was to set the orientation in the gyro by telling it it was flat and inverted.

Ryan

Comment

got it fixed had to figure out how to reset it then that fixed problem thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                  X