X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tx swap

im new to rc i got the sport cub s with safe. the second time i flew it. it headed north, never saw it again. ordered another one bnf also got a corsiar rtf have not flown, except up and down kitchen floor. last night i orded a nano qx with safe. bnf. can anyone tell me if the cheap little 4 channel tx that come with the sport cub with safe. or the corsair will work on the nano qx witch has safe. thanks

RE: tx swap

Originally posted by yankee
    im new to rc i got the sport cub s with safe. the second time i flew it. it headed north, never saw it again. ordered another one bnf also got a corsiar rtf have not flown, except up and down kitchen floor. last night i orded a nano qx with safe. bnf. can anyone tell me if the cheap little 4 channel tx that come with the sport cub with safe. or the corsair will work on the nano qx witch has safe. thanks
    Yankee, that sucks about first sport cub S, I got mine Friday flew it Saturday and only issue was I forgot to pull up from a loop (we will say thats what it was LOL) and forgot the panic switch :P :P Thankfully all it suffered was a couple of slight foam cracks to the nose area and after checking it out if flew through another 4 batteries.

In answer to your question I think you should be able to - they are both Spektrum based and since the controller was a 4 channel with the Safe and panic added it should have enough to control the Nano QX (fun little heli - Friend has it). It almost sounds as if you may want to look at a DX6i or DX8 controller so you can have one controller to rule them all *LOL*

Comment

You might want to do a range check before you fly any of them.

Comment

Xviper hit it right on the head. I'm lucky I didn't have same issue as I forgot to do it for my Sport Cub S but was flying with another pilot in the same bird.

Comment

my problem was a nasty upper wind. as soon as the plane got about 40-50ft up this wind grabbed it the whole time the plane was headed toword me the wind was carrying it backwards. by the time i got past the denile it was to late to take it out begginer mode and force it to the ground. any one in canada who finds it i want it back.

Comment

yeah I have learned this is an expensive sport. Replacement planes, replacement parts, NEW planes *LL* replacement parts (yea I knowI said replacement parts but hey it seems to be what I do most *LOL* :-p)

Comment

The only way I've found to not break em is to not fly em! MRC carries almost all the parts I need so all is good.

Comment

farmflyer, Dont want to do that. I need to have a hobby where I spend my money *LOL*. Got to have something to enjoy when not at one of my 3 jobs (ok I admit one is teaching online but its still a job *LOL*). Between RC and going to the shooting range I think this Scotsman is finally becoming a good ole southern boy *LOL*. Guess TN will do that to yah

Comment

i got my nanoqx quad , and yes both cheap little 4 channel radios work. im useing the one from my corsair. got my second sport cub s stuck up in a tree again. this time i got me a 40ft pole to get it out. when it slamed into the ground it broke the motor assembly loos from foam what is the best glue to use.

Comment

Originally posted by yankee
                    i got my nanoqx quad , and yes both cheap little 4 channel radios work. im useing the one from my corsair. got my second sport cub s stuck up in a tree again. this time i got me a 40ft pole to get it out. when it slamed into the ground it broke the motor assembly loos from foam what is the best glue to use.
                    you may get a couple of answers to this as i think everyone has a different preference but you could use foam safe superglue (I believe you get it from a hobby shop) or even a glue gun on low setting (I have used this myself). Hold off for a few more answers and you may get a good consensus of what people like.

Comment

I don't know if anyone else has read this in the AMA rules but you should have your name, and contact information written in your plane. Just for them moments when the plane decides it wants to go south for winter or something, when it "lands" people know how to contact the next of kin.

5 min. epoxy works great! I have used hot glue with great success as well.
                      Flight Risk (Sean)
                      AMA # 986105

Comment

Working...
                      X