Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Mobius Action Cam

Greetings Bryan,

Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

I'm going to spend some time this evening researching the link and around the net in general to familiarize myself with the camera as best I can before it arrives.

Bill L.
    In Okla.

Comment

Greetings Gang,

OK, I finally got out and played a bit with the Mobius.....

My first reaction is..... WOW!

It just could get any simpler..... whether I mount it on the plane itself or employ the Bryan "Cap-Cam" method, it is so simple.

Additionally, all of the pressure associated with the possibility of losing my expensive GoPro is now gone.
      And as far as I can tell so far, the image quality is about the same.

I'll try to post something soon.

Bill L.
      In Okla.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketeer
        Greetings Gang,

It just could get any simpler..... whether I mount it on the plane itself or employ the Bryan "Cap-Cam" method, it is so simple.

Additionally, all of the pressure associated with the possibility of losing my expensive GoPro is now gone.

Bill L.
        In Okla.
        And if you want to take it one more step, Hobby King just came out with a very affordable plug n play FPV 5.8Ghz TX.
        http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__78401__Mobius_ActionCam_FPV_Docking_Station_with _Mini_Video_Transmitter_5_8GHz_32ch_200mW.html
        AMA 95495
        Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
        Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

Looking forward to the videos you'll be capturing soon, Bill. Which aircraft do you have in mind?

I devised a simple "Quick Disconnect" mechanism which allows me to move one Mobius between different planes in a second. I hotglued one of the "female" slotted pylon mounts from the link below onto the Mobius, then hotglue the male pronged pylon mount into the aircraft:

http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-f-16c-90mm-weapons-attachment-hardware/

Most often I mount the Mobius near the CG of an aircraft, along the fuselage or along the wing. If I put it forward in the canopy or aft onto the horizontal stab, I doublecheck the CG before flying.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Greetings AMA,

Thats a nifty little cradle for an FPV setup!!!

Thanks,

Bill L.
            In Okla.
            [hr]
            Greetings Alpha,

I have been testing the Mobius using a Dynam Waco.

I mounted the camera on the underside of the fuse at the CG point using a small wedge to give it a bit of down angle and to avoid prop lines as much as possible.

Thanks for the link!!! What a super idea to use the weapons mounting rails to attach and detach the camera!!

I'll be ordering those immediately!!!

For most attempts during the learning curve period, I mounted the camera on the bill of a ball cap.

This really is an amazing little device and I can already tell that having just one is not going to cut it!!!!

Thanks also for taking on another outstanding product!!!

Bill L.
            In Okla.

Comment

Originally posted by rc-eflyer
              Originally posted by Rocketeer
              Greetings Gang,

Bill L.
              In Okla.
              And if you want to take it one more step, Hobby King just came out with a very affordable plug n play FPV 5.8Ghz TX.
              http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__78401__Mobius_ActionCam_FPV_Docking_Station_with _Mini_Video_Transmitter_5_8GHz_32ch_200mW.html
              Ooooooooooo I likey!!!! Thanks for the heads up!
              Lauren

Comment

Greetings,

DRAT!!!

The weapons mounting hardware is out of stock!!!

I hope their return won't be TOOOOOOOO long!!

Bill L.
                In Okla.

Comment

I love my Mobius action cam. Like others I use velcro on my hat and on the bottom of the device. That is how I get all my videos. You do need to keep the plane close to the ground or you can barely see it. But it takes great video...
                  My YouTube Channel

Comment

Greetings Job,

Indeed. I have been very pleased with this little camera thus far.

It is true that keeping your plane in close while videoing is a must.

Bill L.
                    In Okla.

Comment

What lens are you all using?
                      Lauren

Comment

Greetings Flygirl,

I'm using the standard lens (non-wide angle).

It has some curvature but, it's slight.

Still, it has an effect of making small objects in the center appear to farther away than they are.

Bill L.
                        In Okla.

Comment

I was using C but now using B. I find that works better.
                          My YouTube Channel

Comment

I was wondering if any of you have ever used the app on android for the Mobius? I did download it, but haven't used it yet. I did see from just experimenting with it without plugging the two together it does say the first hour is free. That being said I take it that it's not a free app. I don't really know. If it helps or makes it easier to use or can use it in the field I don't mind paying a one time fee for or to buy an app. I was just wondering if any of you have ever used it or bought the app. Thanks
                            Still Learning:D

Comment

Hey Pauly I think the last I read on the Mobius website was the original app designer left and took some program with him . From what I can gather they are working to get it right . Think its for more of a FPV than a program change in the field type app . But that was a month or so ago

Bryan
                              But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Thanks Bryan, I may just have to experiment with it sometime. I did download it on my phone an tablet, but when you click on some of the titles on it is when it will tell you a little info and then says something about the first hour is free. I do think it lets you watch some of the things that is recorded or a live feed which is like you say FPV which all can be pretty cool if you are out at the field for the whole day. Thanks a bunch.
                                Still Learning:D

Comment

I love the Mobius as well. Everytime you see any type of onboard camera shot from us, that is what we are using. Mobius with the standard lens.
                                  I use the slide in cradle a lot. What I have done is counter sunk some small holes so I can screw it directly to certain hardpoint areas of the plane. It's simple. Screw in the cradle which now has countersunk holes and simply slide in the mobius. Easy Peasy!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                                    I love the Mobius as well. Everytime you see any type of onboard camera shot from us, that is what we are using. Mobius with the standard lens.
                                    I use the slide in cradle a lot. What I have done is counter sunk some small holes so I can screw it directly to certain hardpoint areas of the plane. It's simple. Screw in the cradle which now has countersunk holes and simply slide in the mobius. Easy Peasy!

Hmmmmm.... I had forgotten about that cradle it came with. I've been trying to figure out a good way to FPV my Seagull because the access to the camera area is so small. Maybe I'll see if I can drop the original cradle in and rig something up. Thanks Ryan
                                    Lauren

Comment

Working...
                                    X