You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fatshark Camera+Spektrum Transmitter Help!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatshark Camera+Spektrum Transmitter Help!

I have a fatshark 700tvl and a spektrum 600mw transmitter and I cannot figure out how to connect the two. The fatshark has a weird connector and the spektrum doesn't have something to connect the camera to it. I have a warranty on the camera but they discontinued it.

Im guessing the spektrum has a standard female servo type connector? If it is, what i did with my fatshark connector is pull the pins out of it and put the pins in the order of the transmitter wires on its connector into a standard servo male connector. just use the tip of a hobby knife to pop the pins out of the fatshark connector. Something like this is the end result:

Comment

Maybe you could make a video or put some more pics on. Im still confused.

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
        Im guessing the spektrum has a standard female servo type connector? If it is, what i did with my fatshark connector is pull the pins out of it and put the pins in the order of the transmitter wires on its connector into a standard servo male connector. just use the tip of a hobby knife to pop the pins out of the fatshark connector. Something like this is the end result:
        Hey I tried and my headset is just showing static

Comment

Can you show me a pic of what you have on the transmitter side? If its the ones i looked at, they look to be for specific planes put out by horizon but cant be 100% without seeing what you have.

Comment

Here are the picture with the explanation if you click on them

Comment

Can you show me a pic of what you have on the transmitter side? If its the ones i looked at, they look to be for specific planes put out by horizon but cant be 100% without seeing what you have.
              Here are the picture with the explanation if you click on them

4 Photos

Comment

Ok the white wire is to plug into spektrum receivers. The other plug is suppose to go to the camera. I wonder what the voltage is coming from the tx through the camera connector, make sure its a 5v circuit. Im not sure what the blue wire is for, maybe audio. The next thing i would try is clip the red, black and yellow wires from the video transmitters camera connector and solder those to the white red and black of the fatshark wires. Yellow to white, red to red, and black to black. But before connecting the red and black wires confirm the transmitter is pushing 5 volts only through the camera connection, any higher and you will blow the camera. But in general the color code is the same like a servo (white/yellow signal, red positive, black/brown ground) i added a pic to show what goes where with the transmitter from the transmitter manual. I dont understand why they are so secretive about the wire specifications, that is annoying, but im positive about yellow being the video signal and so on. Just dont get what blue is suppose to be so i would just leave it be.

Comment

Ok the white wire is to plug into spektrum receivers. The other plug is suppose to go to the camera. I wonder what the voltage is coming from the tx through the camera connector, make sure its a 5v circuit. Im not sure what the blue wire is for, maybe audio. The next thing i would try is clip the red, black and yellow wires from the video transmitters camera connector and solder those to the white red and black of the fatshark wires. Yellow to white, red to red, and black to black. But before connecting the red and black wires confirm the transmitter is pushing 5 volts only through the camera connection, any higher and you will blow the camera. But in general the color code is the same like a servo (white/yellow signal, red positive, black/brown ground) i added a pic to show what goes where with the transmitter from the transmitter manual. I dont understand why they are so secretive about the wire specifications, that is annoying, but im positive about yellow being the video signal and so on. Just dont get what blue is suppose to be so i would just leave it be.
                  Ok thanks A bunch rifleman!

Comment

No problem glad to help, let me know how it all works out :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                    X