X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle A3 Super 3 with Freewing Jets

I absolutely love flying the jets Freewing makes! My biggest problem that I have is landing them perfectly everytime. The club I fly with here in Louisville, KY doesnt have that long of a runway, so running out of runway and rolling into the grass happens more than I would like. I know E-Flite has their SAFE mode in some of their receivers, which is really nice for smooth take offs and landings to, so I started doing some research into the Hobby Eagle gyros they sell on Motionrc's website. I searched every where on YouTube trying to see if anyone has used them in any of the bigger Freewing jets, but couldn't find a single video. I decided to go ahead and order the A3 super 3 gyros, and install then into my Freewing 90mm F-16 and F15, and hopefully they would work as good as U hoped! I just want to say they work even better!! After adjusting the rates down from where I originally had them, my jet take offs and landings have really smoothed out a ton. I take off and land in "Trainer mode" with 30% ailerons gain, and 40% elevator and rudder gain. Even just flying around at full speed, it's to not always have to concentrate so hard, and flip the switch to Trainer mode and just let loose and relax!! I wanted to post this in case anyone else was wondering the same thing I was, and wanted to say the A3 Super 3 works wonderfully!!
    -Happy Flying!

Some EDFs need them and some don't. I have several EDFs with HobbyEagles and Lemon stabilized RXs in them. I also have a couple of prop planes with the Spektrum AS3X Rx's in them and have even re-programmed one for use in another plane. But as far as jets go, I've learned that you don't need the real fancy HobbyEagles in them. Most of mine have either the A3 or the very basic A3-L in them. In fact, I just put an A3-L into my Freewing SU-35 this morning. I been using an A3 in my SebArt MiG-29 for years. And the list goes on ................................... FW 70mm Yak 130, FW Lippy P.15, FW F/A-18, FW Mirage. I also put one into my FW Avanti S just for kicks to see if it would benefit from one and it doesn't. I'll yank it out one day should I need it for some other plane.
    All my sailplanes have some sort of stabilizer/Return to Home devices in them and my other prop planes, the list is just as long as the jets.
    As for running into the grass, I fly off grass so running into it is not a big deal for me.

Comment

Working...
    X