X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to program DX9

I am just a NOOB and programing/setting up my first plane....Actually my first flying was with my Visionair and I just put in all the settings with one swoop of adding the Visionair file to the SD card and transferring it to the radio....

That was nice but now I am setting up another electric plane from scratch with just a NORMAL RX AR610...not AS3X so all the settings are put in the radio and not programed to the RX on this one...good to learn this way FIRST I think....

Any way the question I have is this....I am setting up 3 flight modes in the DUAL RATES / EXPO area...I understand how to map the flight mode switch into this and get three different flight modes of throw...BUT here is something different I noticed when flying my Visionair and it's programing.....

With it there are 2 flight modes controlled by a switch which changes the flight mode to much different parameters..Like one is cruising and one is 3D BUT what I noticed is that in each FLIGHT MODE itself it has 3 dual rates within each flight mode...That is you have really 6 different modes....

So my round about question is how do you set that up? I have set my second plane for 3 flight modes in the DUAL RATES area...BUT how >>> If possible would I split each flight mode 3 times like my Visionair? Maybe all the modes are too much hassle but I just wondered how they did that etc...

Please explain in the "noob" step by step version of how this is done...Like I say I have set up the Flight mode with rates...I just wonder how the Visionair was set up ON THE RADIO to split each mode in itself

Yes clear as mud!

Thanks
    RON

RE: Help to program DX9

Originally posted by RonK99
    I am just a NOOB and programing/setting up my first plane....Actually my first flying was with my Visionair and I just put in all the settings with one swoop of adding the Visionair file to the SD card and transferring it to the radio....

That was nice but now I am setting up another electric plane from scratch with just a NORMAL RX AR610...not AS3X so all the settings are put in the radio and not programed to the RX on this one...good to learn this way FIRST I think....

Any way the question I have is this....I am setting up 3 flight modes in the DUAL RATES / EXPO area...I understand how to map the flight mode switch into this and get three different flight modes of throw...BUT here is something different I noticed when flying my Visionair and it's programing.....

With it there are 2 flight modes controlled by a switch which changes the flight mode to much different parameters..Like one is cruising and one is 3D BUT what I noticed is that in each FLIGHT MODE itself it has 3 dual rates within each flight mode...That is you have really 6 different modes....

So my round about question is how do you set that up? I have set my second plane for 3 flight modes in the DUAL RATES area...BUT how >>> If possible would I split each flight mode 3 times like my Visionair? Maybe all the modes are too much hassle but I just wondered how they did that etc...

Please explain in the "noob" step by step version of how this is done...Like I say I have set up the Flight mode with rates...I just wonder how the Visionair was set up ON THE RADIO to split each mode in itself

Yes clear as mud!

Thanks
    RON
    Hey Ron,

I feel your grief. I have asked a few question here on programming my DX9 and have never received an answer. It seems no one here has that knowledge, so I tried a different forum (rcgroups.com) and got some answers.

Jack

Comment

Hello Jack~!

Thanks for your reply...I did somewhat figure it out through mostly trial and error but once you have gone through the menus a few times and set up planes "yourself" using your own settings well it becomes way easier...I have 3 modes on one 3 way switch, a hold mode switch, flaps switch and of course a gear switch for the planes that have retracts...Even have a flaps to elevator mix on one....

The great thing about the DX9 is that it holds all the models you will ever own and all the settings can be downloaded and saved to the SD card and then saved to your PC just in case of any problems...I have never lost contact with my planes ever with my all Spectrum gear so that is good I guess!

I bought a DX6 (not DX6i) when it was on sale at 179.00 at Motion RC for a BACKUP radio because it too has the SD card and could easily put all my models and their billion settings on there just by transferring my model info I save on my PC to a SD card and then slip it in and import all the settings and be back in the air immediately...It seems to me besides only having 6 channels and not having the "shake" feature for notification the DX6 does EVERYTHING else the DX9 does at a savings of 300.00  BEST radio for a new starting person I think...I have a DX9 originally because I have a few helicopters as well so that is why I have the 9 but like I say I tell anybody I know is starting in the RC plane gig the DX6 is the only radio you really need..

Also I picked up a couple big square LIPOs...4000 MAH for the radio so I have a TON of air time and just swap one out if I have to when needed :)

Thanks for your reply Jack

Ron

Originally posted by Jack_K
      Originally posted by RonK99

Yes clear as mud!

Thanks
      RON
      Hey Ron,

I feel your grief. I have asked a few question here on programming my DX9 and have never received an answer. It seems no one here has that knowledge, so I tried a different forum (rcgroups.com) and got some answers.

Jack

Comment

Programming questions are best answered by contacting the manufacturer as they will have the latest information and troubleshooting guides. For your radio you need to contact HorizonHobby at 888-959-2305. We at MotionRC can handle some issues but we do have to contact the manufacturer from time to time as I have had to do for programming my Spektrum. Also you can call MotionRC at 224-633-9090 for information, we don't always get to the Forum to answer specific questions daily. Hope this helps.
        Best Regards,
        Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne@MotionRC
          Programming questions are best answered by contacting the manufacturer as they will have the latest information and troubleshooting guides. For your radio you need to contact HorizonHobby at 888-959-2305. We at MotionRC can handle some issues but we do have to contact the manufacturer from time to time as I have had to do for programming my Spektrum. Also you can call MotionRC at 224-633-9090 for information, we don't always get to the Forum to answer specific questions daily. Hope this helps.
          Best Regards,
          Wayne
          Well, I contacted Spektrum about programming the DX9 and got a "stock" answer that was no help since it didn't even pertain to my question.

Then I posted on RCGroups and got great answers.

Comment

Working...
          X