You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Radio Transmitter Tray, the envy of your friends and the most comfortable tray you will ever use.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Radio Transmitter Tray, the envy of your friends and the most comfortable tray you will ever use.

Versatile and multi-functional Transmitter Tray for your favorite RC Transmitter. Adjustable side guides will allow for most any transmitter. Also has adjustable hand rest plates to fit your personal feel of your hand placement and how you move the sticks. The hand rest are also adjustable to suit your hand placement requirements.

Whether you're a thumb driver or stick pincher, you can adjust this tray in any way that feels comfortable to your style of control. You can hang the tray from your neck or shoulder harness with 2 connection points on the tray. You can also hang the tray in multiple hanging positions depending on your belly/waist size comfortably due to the curvature of the back plate that fits your body and different positions to suit your style of control, whether it's straight down vertical to full horizontal against your belly. You can also eliminate the hand rest plates for that feel of grabbing the transmitter as if hanging from your neck at a single hang point.

The Tiger Transmitter Tray will hold any transmitter up 9-1/2" wide. If you need something custom, contact us and we would be happy to manufacture a custom base plate to fit your particular transmitter. It's no problem at all.

This transmitter tray will give you years and years of service. Nearly indestructible and if you want to modify or customize anything, It's aluminum, you can't hurt it.

Lifetime Guarantee. Parts and pieces will always be available. If I don't have it, I'll make it!

Made from H32 5051 aluminum made in the USA.

In the Hanger
    Too many to count

Will the aluminum affect the antenna in the handle? I'm not sure metal is a good idea as a material for a transmitter tray.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
      Will the aluminum affect the antenna in the handle? I'm not sure metal is a good idea as a material for a transmitter tray.
      Short answer................NO, because it is not forming a shield.
      Long answer...............Key terms to google if you really want to know/understand RF energy shielding would be ground planes and Faraday Cages.
      This is the stuff that EE's(electrical engineers) went to school on.;)
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I've used a metal tray with 72 mhz and 2.4 ghz. No issues.

But I decided to design my own tray and now I use a wood tray. It took about 15 min to plan and a day to make.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Short answer................NO, because it is not forming a shield.
          Long answer...............Key terms to google if you really want to know/understand RF energy shielding would be ground planes and Faraday Cages.
          This is the stuff that EE's(electrical engineers) went to school on.;)
          Short answer is correct. But a great question, does metal affect transmission. I also had that thought for a second or two, I'm a robotics engineer by day (traveling repairman) for a defense contractor and in my electronic/radio experience (Ham operator also) the 2.4 ghz signal can be disruptive at the receiver end of things. The transmitter at 2.4ghz (like a cell phone) can work even if encased in a metal box (like a cellphone operating in an elevator). We have done significant testing using range check at triple the distance and still there was no signal degradation. So far, there has been no reports from any of our users of signal loss issues due to using our tray but the question is a valid and great question. I'm no electronics engineer but my background does lend some credence to my level of understanding of the 2.4ghz signal system.
          Thanks again for asking. But if you have any qualms about metal with your transmitter, go with your gut and all available information regarding radio frequency operations of this kind of signal. Don't buy if you feel uneasy. A wooden or plastic tray would serve you just as well I'm sure. Just trying to make a better mousetrap at a great price.

Guy
          In the Hanger
          Too many to count

Comment

2nd production run almost gone. Thanks to all who submitted recommendations for their particular radio, especially the JETI guys in Europe. New base tray will have expansion front side for you. Yes, the DX18 does fit just fine.
            Check us out at www.FlyingTigerRC.com
            Transmitter Tray $69.95
            Shoulder Harness $21.99
            Both for only $79.95
            I was never good at math.

Guy
            In the Hanger
            Too many to count

Comment

Working...
            X