X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobby Eagle Gyro Failure

Okay guys, Need your HELP! I have the Hobby Eagle gyro V1 in 5 aircraft that I own. They have been working great for years now. Have them set up on a 2 position switch. There either off or on in reg stabilizer mode. The Radio is a spectrum DX6i. The receivers are AR610 in all 5 planes. I recently got the FMS P40 from MRC, and bought the Spectrum AR620 receiver from my local hobby store. I prefer the AR 610, But there discontinued. Cant get the Hobby Eagle Gyro to work with the AR620. All I get is an orange flashing light on the Gyro as soon as I power up. Heres where it really gets interesting! After binding the AR620 to my radio, not only does the gyro not work, BUT ALL THE GYROS IN ALL 6 PLANES HAVE BEEN AFFECTED!!! All I get is an orange flashing light on the Gyro, No ESC beeps, no surface motion, no nothing in ALL 6 PLANES! The light in the AR620 receiver is on as well. The AR610's dont light up, but the Gyro does with the orange flashing light. When I remove the gyro and plug straight into the receiver, ALL IS GOOD! I have spent hours trying to remedy the problem with no avail. I give up, your turn!
    Pacific NW Flyer  :arrow:

Very interested in figuring this out. Can you share a picture or more of how everything is plugged in?

Comment

Well James I would love to. Can I make a short video and upload it to the forum page using the attachments icon? I can tell yea as well that in my Timber, and Tundra all is installed correctly and has been working fine for a very long time. I have yet to do a tear down inspection on theses 2 planes. It wasnt until I bound the AR620 that Im having this problem. For what ever reason it has affected all the gyros in all my planes. My DX6i is aged but well taken care of. Diagnostics are indicating that I lost the bind. Im going to update my radio today and buy the spectrum DX8 with voice alerts that comes with an AR8000T receiver. I need the extra channels anyways so I can put the gyro to a 3 position switch. On my FMS Mustang I have the gyro Y'd into the flap switch. Flaps on, gyro on, flaps off, gyro off. At speed the mustang needs no gyro. With the DX8 I believe I can use the roll dial as a master gain for the gyro as well as having a 7th channel. Win Win.

Comment

Most likely The Version 1 needs a firmware update available to make this work on the latest Spektrum AR620 receiver.

Online Update

This utility can be used to update the firmware of all HobbyEagle's products, including A3 Super 3, A3 Super 2 and Programming Card.

To update the firmware online, the computer needs to be connected to the internet. First connect the gyro to the PC with the USB adapter using the black data cable, wait until the initialization is done. When the gyro is ready, double-click the icon to run the utility. Choose the port number in the bottom left corner. If you cannot find the port number in the list, please verify that you have installed the USB driver correctly. When updating the program card, don't connect the card until the "Device detecting" dialog is shown.

Comment

Fly Boy - Our CS guys are saying it is possible you have a corrupted file. Create a new model and rebind it and see what happens. I have some staff members with AR620's and dx6i's testing their now.

Comment

I was thinking the same is why I wanted to try a new radio as well. Working today will post tonight when I get home with the results.

Comment

Went to install the updates and realized I dont have the proper USB to gyro patch cord. Tried to find one with no success, lol So I think I'm going to purchase a new gyro for my P40, But if you guys can come up with a patch cord to down load the updates, I pay Cash. HA!!! Thank you MRC for your awesome tech support, and thank you for your e-mail Ed. This is one of many reasons I keep shopping with Motion RC. Thank you so much. I'm sure the updates are the issue why the gyro wont work with the AR620 as well, but would like to post a success story for anybody else that may encounter the same issue. Will post an update later with the Timber and Tundra gyro issue. I think your team is spot on with the corrupted file theory. And yes Im a proud owner of the DX8 with voice alerts and the AR8000T receiver. Get back to ya

Comment

Well I am so HAPPY right now!!! :) Both the Tundra and my Favorite High Wing E-flight Timber are up and running on the DX8 radio. Hobby Eagle Gyro's are working EXCELLENT as they are paired with the Spectrum AR610 receivers. Thank you, thank you, thank you Motion Rc for your incite. Now I just need to figure out how I ended up with a corrupted file in my DX6i. They did rebind to the 6i as a test, after hitting the model reset button per your suggestion, and the gyros powered up normally. I believe it would have been fine but I dont trust it now, and I needed an upgraded radio anyways. :Cool:

Still want to up date one of the gyros so it will work with the AR620. Hope to find a patch cord soon. Glad to find out as well, NOT A GYRO PROBLEM!!!

Happy flying from the Pacific NW

Comment

Great news FLY BOY! Keep the DX6I and maybe download a simulator for those cold non-flying days. it'd be perfect for that

Comment

James.Motion RC Well I dont know what happen, or why I didnt receive the cord to up date my V1 Hobby Eagle Gyro. I got a shipping notice like over 2 weeks ago. Tracking says the down load cord is still in Chicago on my end. With good weather on the way, I hope I can update my gyro's soon. Spectrum makes a cord to update there receivers, Will the Spectrum cord work with the Hobby Eagle V1 Gyro?

Comment

Working...
                    X