Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binding

Hello out there!
    I am new to the sport, been doing a lot of reading. Love this web site.
    Just opened up new Tx, Turnigy TGY-i10. Nice small Rx came with, same manufacturer.
    Having gross diff. with binding. Attempted to follow directions as indicated, no dice.
    Using ZTW 85amp Gecko esc. Using Freewing motor and Admiral lipo to convert an old cub to electric power.
    I can't get the motor to run. Just sits there and beeps at me. The Rx appears to bind when prompted,
    red light stays on, and the green indicator on the Tx is properly lit. This is driving me crazy.
    If anyone out there has a wise answer, I would be most appreciative. Thanks.

RE: Binding

I don't know how "wise" but if you're sure it did bind correctly (you can move the servos with the TX), take the prop off and try this.: With the Lipo unplugged and TX off, move your throttle stick to maximum and turn your TX on, now plug in your Lipo and wait for the solid light, you should hear some beeps from the motor. Now move the throttle to the minimum position and you should hears a couple of beeps and finally the last beeps should match how many cells in you lipo. Now move the throttle up and the motor should be calibrated and work OK. If this all works you're good and no need to do this every time.

Steve
    AMA 95495
    Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
    Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

Originally posted by rc-eflyer
      I don't know how "wise" but if you're sure it did bind correctly (you can move the servos with the TX), take the prop off and try this.: With the Lipo unplugged and TX off, move your throttle stick to maximum and turn your TX on, now plug in your Lipo and wait for the solid light, you should hear some beeps from the motor.  Now move the throttle to the minimum position and you should hears a couple of beeps and finally the last beeps should match how many cells in you lipo.  Now move the throttle up and the motor should be calibrated and work OK. If this all works you're good and no need to do this every time.

Steve
      Thank you for your advice Steve. Great name by the way, happens to be mine as well.
      I would like to try the above, but due to the uniqueness of the this transmitter, the TGY-i10, I can't turn on Tx with the throttle in the up position.
      It beeps madly. (A safety measure no doubt). The other difficulty I'm facing is inheriting the cub, it came with Futaba FP-S148 servos.
      I'm not certain about how to coordinate the ZTW ESC and the Tx. in order make the servos function properly.
      Turnigy's web site has zero info. on the i10 Tx. Making this whole process very frustrating. The directions appear simple, plug in the ESC lead to any channel.
      The binding plug to the VCC/binding port, hook up the motor leads. Put the Tx in binding mode, connect the battery, once the Tx and Rx talk to each other,
      the blinking red light on the Rx goes solid red. Allegedly, we are supposed to now disconnect the battery, pull the binding plug, plug in the remaining
      servo, lights, etc. Reconnect the batt. and off you go. Sounds easy enough, I just cannot get the motor to function, and I don't know how to get the servos to functiion.
      If anyone has answers, please help! Steve

Comment

Some ESCs have to be armed by, after plugging in the battery, pushing the throttle stick full up, wait for the motor to beep, then pull the stick down. I tend to forget this with the one plane I have with this setup, thinking something is wrong until I wake up. Doc

Comment

I'd like to thank rc-flyer and doctormike for their replies. I tried the info suggested to no avail. But, quite by accident I think I found a partial solution. This i-10 Tx has separate files
          for each plane. My first, is an RC Motion DHC-2 Beaver. This is where the happy accident occurred; I tried bindind the ZTW Rx (in the Spitfire), but forgot to change profiles
          with the Beaver. Lo, and behold everything functioned correctly (motor and the old Futaba servos).
          Discovering my "Eureka" moment, answered my difficulty partly. I've narrowed the problem to the ESC. Now, I need the specs for the Beaver's ESC to replicate them for the ZTW ESC.
          Any further direction will help me greatly. Again, Thanks to the guys above. Steve.

Comment

each of us does 'dumb' things from time to time.......I have !

Comment

I can't count the times a plane wouldn't bind and after much frustration, I find I haven't put in the bind plug. I have the things all over the place too! Did I really tell that?! Doc

Comment

Working...
              X