X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to trim a A3-L ?

I've heard a couple guy's in my club say that you need to trim your aircraft with a gyro with the gyro turned off, then turn on the gyro once it's trimmed out and in flight....

I've done that, but then the plane went way out of trim once I turned the A3-L on and I had to retrim it in flight with the gyro on just to keep it from being out of control.

I've got it in a Parkzone Corsair and I have to retrim the plane almost every flight...
    What are your thought's guy's ??

Thanks....

RE: Best way to trim a A3-L ?

I can't say from here but I trim my gyro equipped planes with the gyros off. That is I trim using the radio tx trims. Then I land and adjust the mechanical linkages. I then test fly and repeat until the plane flies without the need of trim inputs (trims centered) from the TX. Note I also remove any servo offsets that I might have used in the set up of the ship.

The reason I do this is because the Receiver/gyro usually can't differentiate between a Tx trim setting verses a control command from you.

Once the ship is trimmed mechanically I then adjust the gyro gains as I see fit.

Comment

I recently received another a3l but this one seems to cycle and make the servos jump every minute or two. Anyone else have this issue? I don't recall having this problems with my other a3l gyros. This one is installed in my Freewing F-15.

Thanks

Comment

I've had similar experience with mine. For me, it was a matter of the gains being just at the threshold of being "just right" and too much. Turn it down just a hair and try again. On 2 of my planes, I eliminated this problem by turning up the gains and making the gains adjustable via the rotary knob on my DX8. Using this method, you can adjust the gain while flying and see where it becomes too much and then just dial it down a bit.

Comment

Tried different gains and with the rotary knob still the same jump every minute or two. I even tried different ways of connecting to the receiver, sbus and direct with no change. It even jumps with gain off and gyro off. Tested without the gyro hooked up and the jump stopped so it's not the receiver or jet. Decided not to risk it and pulled it out.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X