X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• realflight rc simulator

Brand new to rc. was told the best way to start was to get a flight simulator program. So I have a Spektrum DXe transmitter. will this work with the RF8 simulator or will I have to get it with transmitter for it?

Flight sim is a useful aid if you use it properly. It can also teach you to repeat bad habits.

A couple of introductory lessons with a successful RC flyer will go a long way toward teaching you some good habits to practice on the sim.

I haven't kept up with the versions of RealFlight. The version I have is 3.5. There might be very little that is the same other than you can use it to train for RC flying.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I have RF8 and while I really enjoy it and think it is a great way to safely practice controlling your model aircraft, I would say get the version with the built in radio. Other wise you still will have to get either the wireless adapter or the standard wired one. I have the wireless set up and setting it up to work correctly can be a bit tricky if your new to RC.

Just my $0.02 :)

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info, and I'll put that $0.02 in on a RF8/radio. :Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Monter View Post
          Brand new to rc. was told the best way to start was to get a flight simulator program. So I have a Spektrum DXe transmitter. will this work with the RF8 simulator or will I have to get it with transmitter for it?
          I use Real Flight 8 then added on the Horizon Hobby edition patch and it was a huge help. I have been flying for about a year and I fly jets mainly (64, 70, 80, and 90 mm EDF jets) The latest being the 90mm F22 Raptor by Freewing. RF8 helped to build my confidence but going out and flying smaller planes helped a ton as well. The plane that really helped me was the Eflite UMX Commander. It's small and has aileron, elevator and rudder control. It has no SAFE so you screw up and you pay for it. If you are starting to fly planes with "SAFE" are handy but in my case I think it would have slowed my progress. I feel very confident when I fly now and put that confidence to training on the sim and on small unforgiving planes. I have a friend who started flying when I did and he is a slave to SAFE it seems. He doesn't feel that confident flying without it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Monter View Post
            I'm using my RF8/HH edition with a DXe radio, and I can't seem to get all the inputs to work. So it would seem that you're better off getting the radio for the RF8. Just my 2 cents..;)

Comment

I also strongly prefer using RF8's "transmitter" for use on the computer, and keeping your flight transmitter (your DXe) separate. It's much easier and convenient, in my opinion. The transmitter packaged with the RF8 includes a Reset button, which is very helpful when you're learning. You'll likely find yourself pressing that button often to quickly return the view to the runway after a crash. There are other advantages as well, such as not depleting your flight radio's battery the night before flying.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks for the advice Alpha.appreciate it! I bought the RF8 without the receiver to save some money since I already had the DXe..now wishing I had..lol. Next purchase will be a DX8 since I already have a couple BNF planes and Blade Inductrix Switch so I can put them all on One Tx. Would the DX8 work well with the RF8?
                Or should I bite the bullet and get the RF8 TX?

Comment

Working...
                X