Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A3 Pro with Flaperons & red blinking LED

I have two questions:

1. Got my receiver and A3 Pro wired together, except for the Aileron Channel (that's my second question). All powered up and the A3 Pro has a constant Red Blinking LED, not fast, just constant. It does not change when I move the three position switch. Quick note, this is my 6th or 7th A3 Pro install and haven't seen this problem before. What does the Red Blinking LED mean?

2. I installed the A3 Pro into a plane without flaps. I connected the right and left ailerons into separate channels on the receiver. My goal is to have flaperons.
    A - How can I utilize the Aileron gyro feature on the A3 Pro with them going to two separate channels on the receiver?
    B - Can I run just one aileron (say left one) through the A3 Pro and have just one side working with the gyro?

Have you read the manual for the A3 Pro?

I use the A3-L, not the Pro but the manual usually gives you what you need to know. Looking over the manual for the Pro, it appears as though flaperons are NOT supported. Although there may be other devices, the only one I know of that will support flaperons is the Aura 8. Generally, gyros can overdrive the servo if the flaps are deployed too much and that may be the reason why they don't do it. The Aura 8 is sophisticated enough that it can sense a servo limit and not cause an overdrive. Sure, you "could" put only one aileron through the gyro but then, that servo can get overdriven and under normal non-flap operations, having only one aileron on gyro can make for a squirrelly plane. Personally, I wouldn't do it. I had an F-16 on a stabilizer but when I elected to go with flaperons, I pulled the gyro out of the plane. On another plane that has no flaps, I have a gyro but flaps would be nice. I'd like to keep the gyro on that one, so I plane to cut flaps into the full span ailerons and add 2 servos.
    As for the slow blinking red light, the manual indicates that could mean a loss of signal between the TX and RX. A fast blinking light means something else.

Comment

Working...
    X