X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spektrum DX7 Transmitter-silver

HI my name is Daniel. I have a question about transmitters in general.  If i have a DX7 transmitter for air-will it bind to a 6 channel receiver or 4 channel receiver-  does it have to be a 7 channel receiver to bind to the transmitter?

Second-my dx7 transmitter is discontinued. Apart from getting a new one(this one works great) does anyone know what receivers will work with the dx7? I've been searching google all night-stayed up until 4 a.m. I decided to finally ask for help and see if anyone knows.

Thank you in advance.

RE: Spektrum DX7 Transmitter-silver

Originally posted by darkforcefighter
    HI my name is Daniel. I have a question about transmitters in general.  If i have a DX7 transmitter for air-will it bind to a 6 channel receiver or 4 channel receiver-  does it have to be a 7 channel receiver to bind to the transmitter?

Second-my dx7 transmitter is discontinued. Apart from getting a new one(this one works great) does anyone know what receivers will work with the dx7?  I've been searching google all night-stayed up until 4 a.m.  I decided to finally ask for help and see if anyone knows.

Thank you in advance.
    Welcome Daniel....First question, YES, your DX7 will bind to a compatible 6 or 4 channel receiver.

Second question, "what receivers will work with the DX7" Since the DX7 is a Spektrum brand, Spektrum receivers would be the first place to research your needs. Go to Horizon Hobby online, there is alot of products and information pertaining to the Spektrum line of products. There is other quality brands of receivers available for use with your DX7, "Lemon" to just mention one.
    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

DX7 will bind to any of the DSM2 and DSMX RXs.

That includes the 12 channel Powersafe... it just won't make use of all of the RX's channels.
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

It is my understanding that the Dx7 transmitter (TX) was the last of the Jr/Spektrum collaboration. I still use one as my everyday sport TX.
        The DX7 as it came out used Spektrum's DSM2 protocols (computer/RF codes). Later you could upgrade the TX to the modern frequency hopping DSMX protocols for $70 dollars.

Any DSM2 receiver (RX) will bind. Most if not all DSMX receivers (should bind)*. But these DSMX RX will bind using the old DSM2 protocols. Most DSMX receivers are backwards compatible with DSM2 transmitters.

As to brands, I started out on 2.4 gHz using Spektrum and XPS technology way back when 2.4gHz first came out. I also suffered through many of the teething issue on 2.4gHz. While I've had multiple failures with these early 2.4gHz radios Horizon Hobbies has been very accommodating with warranty coverage.

In the aftermarket I've used/use Orange and Lemon RF products.
        While I've had some issues with the Orange brand RF products none has resulted in the loss of an airframe. Most have been binding and other compatibility issues which were found on the bench.
        Hobbyking - the world's No1 Online Hobby Store. We stock a huge selection of RC products from Planes right through to Drones and all accessories. Visit Us Today.

I currently have over 2 dozen Lemon RXs with half of those in flying models as I type. So far no issues with any of the Lemon RXs.

A bit off topic but if you are looking for a new TX it is the programing power that really separates the different radios. I come for using Multiplex radios which have a very different mixer programing logic than the Master Slave we see in the "Japanese" radios. I really like the object based programing of the Multiplex. I would highly recommend the new Fr-Sky radio if you are not fully engaged in the Spektrum protocols. I also like that the code is open sourced. Spend some time looking at the programing logic of various radios. It is this mixer programing logic that usually defines which radio I use for my next airplane. I still use my Spektrum radios in most of my UMX ARF and Horizon Hobbies Bind and fly products.
        Aloft Hobbies offers top quality RC aircraft and radio gear with very reasonable pricing, fast shipping, and full service to backup our products. We are very loyal to our customers!

All the best,
        Konrad

* Some (most) Spektrum TX modules will not bind to the high speed DSMX RX. This forces you to stay with DSM2 for your Spektrumized (converted using Spektrum modules) radios.

Comment

awesome ....thanks for the replies and the 411. I've been sitting on the transmitter and have not even tried to use it yet. It is functional but will probably take up an indoor flyer to bind with it...rather than my j3 cub. I'm so excited for the spring as I have almost completed my hobby room and will be building my workbench in the next two weeks. I appreciate the alternate perspectives and value your opinions. Thanks again for your help. I will browse the forums further.

Comment

Working...
          X