X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROC Hobby, FMS Servo Question

I’ve noticed that all my ROC Hobby models have a 54° analog servo for the rudder (Stagger Wing, P-39, P-40, P-47). I’d like to ask why the short throw for the rudder? For my style of flying you can’t have too much rudder throw. Too much tail wheel yes, but not too much rudder movement.

Also as I’ve been reading there is some interest in using aftermarket gyros for many of these models. If I use a gyro I’m prone to go with digital servos. I’d like to learn what is the fastest frequency that the FMS digital amp can handle? Most analog amps are limited to the 50 Hz Rx frame rate. 

Also can we get some tech spec's in the descriptions on the servo sales page? Some of the servo pictures have the servo showing the torque and speed but not all servos have this sticker shown on the sales page.

All the best,
    Konrad

http://www.motionrc.com/fms-9g-metal-gear-54-degree-servo/

http://www.motionrc.com/fms-9g-digital-metal-gear-servo/

RE: ROC Hobby, FMS Servo Question

Hi Konrad,

I agree with you 100% with regard to the rudder servo, especially if one is flying 3D. I don't know why the manufacturer limits the servo you mention to 54º, only to say they have designed it and designated it to that particular model. They consider that 54º is sufficient for that purpose.  

With regard to the Tech Spec on our products, we often get calls asking for various specifications.  However the manufacturers do not supply us with the information and thats why we do not make it available.  We simply do not have it.

Any of the major radio manufacturers, such as Futaba, Spectrum, JR etc, they provide the specs on there systems because people will want to know what to use in any give  application. However where the model is supplied fitted with servos, motor and ESC. The manufacturer does not need to supply the tech specs because they deem it not necessary. The relevant  equipment is already supplied.  

I will raise the question at our next staff meeting and see if we can obtain more specs from the manufacturers though.

Martin.  

Comment

RE: ROC Hobby, FMS Servo Question

As you are the customer for the vendor you have some clout in forcing their hand.
      Thanks, as you know knowledge is king. It can only lead to a more satisfied customer base.

All the ROC aircraft I have all have this 54° servo. I'm at a loss as to why. I also don't understand why they have so much tail wheel movement. I always move the tail wheel push rod to the inboard most servo arm hole, even before the first flight. This has added a lot of control to my take off rolls with the ROC Hobby tail draggers! If you have seen my take offs, you know how much I need this added help to keep from ground looping. I can actually take off from concrete in a controlled fashion! (Most of the time)

Comment

Working...
      X