X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobby eagle a3 v2 6 axis gyro problem

I have a couple hobby eagle a3 v2 6 axis gyros I purchased and installed in my planes. They work great in normal mode but when put into self level mode it goes crazy. Have celebrated it for level flight and the last time I tried it it wanted to go inverted then when I flew inverted and switched mode it maintained it in the inverted state a then did some type of wing wag and went crazy. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

I have never been able to make the "auto-balance or recovery" mode work on these things. I had a HobbyEagle that actually had a "hover" mode where the plane would go nose to the sky, vertical at the flip of a switch. That worked flawlessly but when I swiched to "recovery", the plane went nuts and headed for dirt. Those modes required that 2 calibrations be done for vertical and for level. The vertical worked. The recovery never worked. Did you do the calibration for level? Plus, every time you initialized the plane (connected the flight battery), the plane must be perfectly level for several seconds. Do you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
      I have never been able to make the "auto-balance or recovery" mode work on these things. I had a HobbyEagle that actually had a "hover" mode where the plane would go nose to the sky, vertical at the flip of a switch. That worked flawlessly but when I swiched to "recovery", the plane went nuts and headed for dirt. Those modes required that 2 calibrations be done for vertical and for level. The vertical worked. The recovery never worked. Did you do the calibration for level? Plus, every time you initialized the plane (connected the flight battery), the plane must be perfectly level for several seconds. Do you do that?
      That has been my experience as well. If you need an auto-level mode that actually works to correct from unusual attitudes I would recommend an Eagle Tree Guardian.

Comment

I have two of the hobby Eagle V2 that went nuts all by themselves and I think they flashed the firmware incorrectly but not having a micro USB programming port you can't reprogram them. Bought them off eBay and got a refund but I think they were rejected items in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Ableleader View Post
          I have two of the hobby Eagle V2 that went nuts all by themselves and I think they flashed the firmware incorrectly but not having a micro USB programming port you can't reprogram them. Bought them off eBay and got a refund but I think they were rejected items in the first place.
          From ebay ............................ they may have been clones. I don't buy stuff like that from ebay anymore, ever since I bought a heli tail gyro years ago that had a large nut glued inside to make up for the weight.

Comment

Working...
          X