X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom feeder?

Ok maybe this has been answered but, I am considering putting one in my Flyzone Beaver and From the videos you plug in the battery then leave alone for a few sec. Well.. how does that work with a bottom feeder like the Beaver? Thanks

RE: Bottom feeder?

Well... I wouldn't call it a bottom feeder...

You have a few seconds between plugging in and when the system initializes to flip the plane and set it down.

Plug and rapidly set it down... let it initialize... then turn it back over to close the hatch to minimize time you are moving the aircraft around.

Some of these that are sensing for level during initialization... have a block of some sort handy to prop the tail of a taildragger up so the plane is in level flight attitude. As the gyros get more complex, the can get more picky about this.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

[quote=fhhuber]

You have a few seconds between plugging in and when the system initializes to flip the plane and set it down.

Plug and rapidly set it down... let it initialize... then turn it back over to close the hatch to minimize time you are moving the aircraft around.

Some of these that are sensing for level during initialization... have a block of some sort handy to prop the tail  of a taildragger up so the plane is in level flight attitude.  As the gyros get more complex, the can get more picky about this.
      [

Thanks for the info. I figured there should be enough time but, always helps to be sure . Bottom feeder does sound kinda bad but, meant in a kind way :D It's the only bottom hatch plane I have at the moment. As cramped as it looks I,m not sure if I want to mess with it unless I pop the windscreen out to install it.

Comment

[quote=fhhuber]

Some of these that are sensing for level during initialization... have a block of some sort handy to prop the tail  of a taildragger up so the plane is in level flight attitude.  As the gyros get more complex, the can get more picky about this.
        [

Thanks for the info. I figured there should be enough time but, always helps to be sure . Bottom feeder does sound kinda bad but, meant in a kind way :D It's the only bottom hatch plane I have at the moment. As cramped as it looks I,m not sure if I want to mess with it unless I pop the windscreen out to install it.

Comment

It is perfectly fine to initialize upside down. All that matters is it is not moving. This is so the sensors know what stationary is. The accelerometers are not calibrated for level during initialization. This is done in a separate program.

Comment

Working...
          X