Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral RX600SP-Recovery Throws

Admiral RX600SP 6 axis gyro
    I have this receiver in four of my planes-Flightline 1600 mm Corsair, Flightline F7F Tigercat, FMS P-40B Flying Tiger and FMS P-51D Mustang. In the Recovery mode (plane at 45 degree angle) the deflection of control surfaces is major on the Corsair and the Tigercat (as it should be for a severe tilt). On the other two, there is barely any movement at all. I've rechecked the set up several times on both the P-40 and the P-51. I have tried increasing the gains with no effect. How do I fix it? Is there a setting I can change on the receiver or in my radio to actually increase the recovery throw? Where the throws are now, it would take forever for it to correct to level flight.

Any suggestions?

I'm not so sure you can base what you see on the bench to determine if your "recovery mode" is working as it should. It all depends on various parameters, one of which is servo set up. Which hole is the rod going into on the servo arm? Which hole does it go into on the control surface are? Are the servos all the same from one plane to another. What gain you choose on the bench will have nothing to do with what gain you can and should use when the plane is going through the air and may have very little to do with what the control surfaces look like when you throw the recovery switch. You'll need to do some trial and error testing (with lots of altitude) to see if and how things work. You can't start with too high a gain or the plane will be unflyable. It'll shake itself to death. Until you do this, there may be nothing to fix. If you feel you absolutely must rely upon "recovery", it's likely best that you do this testing via a buddy box or have an experienced pilot do it for you.

Comment

Working...
    X