X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle Pro Jitter Problem

I have installed a number of Eagle Pro Stabilizers in a plane I am putting together and have had the same problem. Everything is hooked up per instructions. I have an IX12 transmitter. No matter which mode I am in I get the same thing when using the ailerons and elevator. When I move and hold these surfaces the proper light appears and at random times the red light blinks and the servo twitches. The rudder functions properly, as does the throttle I have bruised my brain trying to resolve this problem. HELP!!!

Unfortunately, some servos don't work well with specific gyro's, but sometimes it is a gyro settings issue. Altering the settings properly within the gyro may potentially fix servo jitter/twitch issues.

- This the Hobby Eagle Pro gyro you have, correct?
    - Is your gyro set to use Analog or digital servos?
    - What is your servo frequency set to, if altered from the default?
    - When you're testing the gyro functions via the TX inputs, how far is the TX from the aircraft/gyro?
    - What aircraft is this being used on, how is the gyro hooked up from it to the receiver, and what servos are in the aircraft?

Comment

Welcome to Hobby Squawk Jimmie Leonard ! Yes, please provide us more information like T-Cat asked for so we can better help your situation.

Comment

This is Hobby Eagle Pro. Digital servos HiTec 5055MG. The servo frequency is set to 50 Hz. I am about 4 feet from the gyro when testing. It is being installed in a Volantex Ranger 2000 kit. The only Eagle Pro default settings change were the mode settings. I changed them to Off, Normal, and Trainer. Thanks for your prompt replies. I am still messing with it. That's what this hobby is all about.

Comment

What happens when the next higher Frequency is used, and then the next higher after that, and so on?

**Just make sure to not exceed whatever the servo manufacturer recommends as the max Frequency so you don't potentially damage the servos.**

Comment

Thanks T-CAT. I will give it a shot and let you know. You have me thinking (which can be dangerous) which is a good thing. I think it may have something to do with the receiver and the transmitter default setup.

Comment

Ha-ha, no problem. It's an interesting seeing how some receivers, servos, and gyros all work together. It's a process to find what sometimes is a very small detail or setting that makes a big difference in the functionality.

I'd try the Frequency change first (unless there is something unusual in the transmitter setup for the receiver) and deduct variables from there in hope of finding what could be the potential underlying issue.

**Just make sure to not exceed whatever the servo manufacturer recommends as the max Frequency so you don't potentially damage the servos.**

Comment

Dear R-CAT, Just talked to HiTec an was told all there Digital could be programmed for 280HZ.

Comment

Excellent! Hopefully changing the gyro to that Frequency setting helps eliminate the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie Leonard View Post
                    Dear R-CAT, Just talked to HiTec an was told all there Digital could be programmed for 280HZ.
                    Jimmie Leonard - Did it work? Don't hold out on us

Comment

Dear James, No it did not work. Think I found the problem. T-CAT was right. Our equipment is not necessary compatible and do not always work together. I changed the perfectly good receiver from a cheap China one to one of my favorites a Spektrum 620. No jitters. Tried another favorite one Admiral R600, it also worked fine. Had to change the default settings listed in the Hobby Eagle Pro manual. For the receiver menu it lists CH1 as the Aileron channel default, CH2 as the Elevator default, CH3 as null, and CH4 as the Rudder default. These settings are wrong for a Spektrum transmitter. Channel 1 is the Throttle, Channel 2 is the Aileron, Channel 3 is the Elevator, Channel 4 is the rudder. I set Channel 1 to null and all the others to Spektrum settings. This all makes sense since the jitters only happened for the aileron and elevator, not the rudder. Couldn't have done it without T-CAT pointing me in the right direction. Thanks and good flying. Hobbysquawk is a great forum.

Comment

That is great news Jimmie. I'm glad the forum helped. Have fun flying!

Comment

Working...
                        X