X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing AL-47 retracts not working

I just received a set if Freewing AL-37 electric retracts, to use in my valsa construction Douglas DC-6. The retracts had no instructions. How do I set them up.? I'm using a Spektrum 8 channel R, with a Spektrum 8 channel G-2 Tx. I tried powering up.The receiver with my E flite 800 mah 7.4V . I had the main retracts connected with a " Y" harness plugged into the Retractable port on the reciever. AfterI the receiverI was powered up I switched on the Tx and flipped the retract switch. ..And nothing happened. Why can't manufactures include instructions..
    Attached Files
    Starts
    Feb 8, 2020
    Ends
    Feb 8, 2020

Changed the battery ,mains work now------beautiful,darn shame about the nose retract item#.:FLW401084 (it was NOT the unit sold with a strut for the AL-37 and out came the 'magic smoke' will return to Motion rc and order the .nose retract with strut unit sold for the AL-37

Comment

I’m surprised you managed to get anything to work. Firstly, Spektrum RXs generally don’t like getting fed 7.4v. It’s too much. Next, you powered up the RX first, then the TX. Assuming the RX was bound, the TX always get turned on first, THEN the RX. The “magic smoke” may have been due to the RX getting 7.4v. Generally, no retract comes with instructions because almost everyone knows how to hook them up. The best way to test them is to use a servo tester that is powered with the correct voltage.

Comment

I mis posted,initally.I did use the E flite 800 mAh Lipo, however the First try was with the receiver being powered off the esc ... The Second and successful attempt was with a 5 cell 1500 mAh 6.0V pack that was not holding a charge, it did initially operate the nose retract and then,stalled died.and while stalled,out came the 'magic smoke..' Next I took my new SPEKTRUM LiFe receiver battery 2S '6.6V 4000 mAh pack plugged into the rx bind port, ,plugged a Y harness into the rx. retract port ,switched on the Tx. and after waiting about half a minute for the reciever to power up proceeded to hit the retract switch and the main retracts proceeded to extend. I Do disagree with the comment that the user should KNOW how to operate electric retracts,fact of the matter is I did know how to hook up the retracts, pretty much common sense. I was incorrect in NOT powering up the Tx. First ,followed by the Rx. That of course is correct as you always want the Rx. Turned off last !
        ​​​
        Attached Files

Comment

It's not the mah that matters so much as the volts. Is the 800 mah LiPo a 2 cell or 3 cell? A 2 cell still puts out 7.4v and 8.4v when charged. A 3 cell will put out 11.1v and 12.6v when charged. Either one will more than likely harm anything hooked up to a RX and could even harm the RX itself. And did you measure the voltage of the 5 cell pack? How did you know it was 6v? Even not holding a charge, it could still be putting out over 18v. Another question that might be worth answering is "How do you hook up a LiPo battery to a RX? I'm thinking that the seller will be asking these questions before they decide what to do about a warranty claim.
          I won't argue with you about retracts coming with or without instructions. Retracts and many, many other electronic components simply don't come with instructions - never have because as you say "It's common sense".

Comment

Xviper,you did not read my last post,and are,still commenting on the 7.4 V 800 mAh Eflite battery. READ my last post if you want to.. I'M contacting MotionRC today ,no worries thanks for taking the time to comment.

Comment

I did read your last post. In fact, I read it a couple of times. Reversing the sequence of turning on the RX and TX, although incorrect, has nothing to do with why you smoked a retract. If you don't think voltage going into a receiver matters to the servos and retracts that it powers, then OK. Not addressing my questions to you, also OK. However, I'm sure MRC reads these posts and I'll bet they'll have the same questions I did. Good luck.

Comment

Do me a favor and keep your comments about my asking for help posts, have to tell you straight up, regularly participating on rc forums is fun; however your posts are nothing but negativity, so please do not post another comment here. If I want negativity I will turn on the TV NEWS and watch all the people who surly must have avatars just like Yours.
                Attached Files

Comment

IGNORED!

Comment

All please note there is no problem with my Motion RC AL-37 retracts (there was a bad power source) HOBBY SQUAWK MODERATOR PLEASE DELEATE THIS THREAD.

Comment

Working...
                    X