X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrRCSound ASPIRE Sound System stopped working

I just purchased a MrRCSound ASPIRE Sound System using Admiral 600mAh 3S 11.1V 25C LiPo Battery with JST Connector as the power source. It worked for about five minutes and then crackled and then just stopped working. I did notice an electrical smell during the time it was working. Does anyone here have any thoughts?

You plugged a 3s into a 2s system is my guess.
    AMA 424553

Comment

I think so!

Comment

The Aspire is designed to use a 3S (minimum) power source. So something else must have gone wrong.
        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Originally posted by RickM View Post
          I just purchased a MrRCSound ASPIRE Sound System using Admiral 600mAh 3S 11.1V 25C LiPo Battery with JST Connector as the power source. It worked for about five minutes and then crackled and then just stopped working. I did notice an electrical smell during the time it was working. Does anyone here have any thoughts?

I have 8 of these sound systems and all are plugged into my main battery (with a jumper off the main cables to the JST connector on either 4S or mostly 6S) and this system is designed to operate on UP TO a 6S system, so the battery is not the problem. I've had several go "bad" over the years and it is usually one of the following:

1) The transducer has gone bad (if you have another, disconnect the original transducer and try the other but one bad transducer will most of the time stop even the other good one from working)
          2) The volume switch has gone bad (doesn't sound like that's it because you can usually pressure the switch into working intermittently)
          3) Bad "voltage bot", whatever the hell that is.

The ones I had a problem with all went bad early on (several years ago) and it was just the Aspire system, never with the older V4.1 board. Back then I was dealing directly with Andrew, owner of MR RC Sound and he was replacing transducers for me on several occasions and once sent the board back and he replaced the volume circuit and on 2 others had to replace bad "voltage bot" circuits. Since then, no problems with any again, but I do put heat sinks on all the transducers (as they get very hot) and leave the volume at around 80% instead of 100% (which actually still sounds the same).

I suspect you got this from Motion, so call them up and start a ticket and they should replace it for you.
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
          X