X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobius mini A or B lens

What of the two versions Mobius mini cams would be best for aerial videos?

No one??

Comment

I have the Mobius camera with the B lens. The difference is the B lens has a wider view than the A lens. It looks like they have a newer C lens which is a wide angle lens also. I guess it depends how much of a view you want when mounted on a plane or drone.

Comment

C lens? Didn't know there was a C too. Think B should be wide enough. Are you happy with the Mini? Planning on putting it on rc foamies.

Comment

The FOV (field of view) is usually stated in degrees. If you are going to mount it on a plane and send it up, how much of the area do you want to see? If you go with a wide angle FOV, then you see much more but everything will look smaller. For me, I don't put cameras on planes anymore since most scenes from "up there" start to all look the same and things are really small. When I use a camera to video my plane from the ground, I want a narrow FOV so the plane doesn't look so tiny. I like something in the 100 degrees for that purpose. Most standard FOV is around 120 degrees, then going even wider to 135 degrees and even 150+ degrees, where things appear so small, you have a hard time discerning what's on the video. The FOV on the Mobius (I've had an older version) goes from narrow to wider as the letter goes up. I found the older Mobius FOV to be too wide for what I was doing (hat cam).
          Now, if you plan to use the camera as part of your FPV system, that's a whole other story and just like my previous statements, this FOV is a personal preference.

Comment

I don't have fpv. So it's just for regular flight videos. Maybe the 110 aka model A of the Mobius mini is a better choice? The advantage of the wider fov is you can se most of the plane and the view of the ground.

Comment

Hello, I'm a photographer, and I like to take unusual photos. I have a lot of different lenses to take pictures of, even john bennet. And also, I have long wanted to try taking pictures from the air. So I decided to start shooting with a drone; what is the best camera for a drone? I have looked through a lot of these photos, and they inspired me. I ordered a drone and am looking forward to it coming, now all that's left is to buy a camera for it, and you can start taking pictures from the air, in the future, I want to try it from a helicopter hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by jennsono View Post
                Hello, I'm a photographer, and I like to take unusual photos. I have a lot of different lenses to take pictures of, even john bennet. And also, I have long wanted to try taking pictures from the air. So I decided to start shooting with a drone; what is the best camera for a drone? I have looked through a lot of these photos, and they inspired me. I ordered a drone and am looking forward to it coming, now all that's left is to buy a camera for it, and you can start taking pictures from the air, in the future, I want to try it from a helicopter hilarious.
                Many of us do aerial videos as amateurs and as such, we don't generally get too complex or fancy with the equipment. What's "best" for me may be too primitive for you. However, since you are a professional, you know stuff like resolution, Mpixels, FOV, remote zoom, etc, so you can look at all sorts of video cameras that suit your criteria. Next would be how big your drone is and how much weight can it carry and for how long. Then come some kind of camera stabilization device mounted on that drone. For me, a high end GoPro would be top drawer but I can't justify the cost. Then there's the Insta360 and again too pricey for what I would do with it. I currently use a RunCam for mounting on my planes and a GoPro clone for a hatcam.
                As a side note: This applies in Canada (Transport Canada) but may also apply in the USA (FAA). If you are taking aerial videos or photos, it's considered "surveillance" (regardless of your intentions) and particularly for professional photographers (for work), you'll need a permit/license to do it. You would have to take a course (online) first to get that license. It's not difficult or expensive to get it. The government just wants to keep tabs on you. If you fly within the confines of a MAAC (Canada) or AMA (USA) sanctioned club field, then no license is required.

Comment

Working...
                X