Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobby eagle a3l gyro twitch

Hi guys,

I’ve fitted a hobby eagle A3l pro gyro on a F22 64mm motion rc edf. In trainer mode the airleron and rudder twitch. I’ve turned the gains down but that only reduces the servo through. I’m using a spectrum receiver and transmitter. Any ideas what I can do to solve this?

thanks you,

Anthony

Unfortunately, I have never owned the Hobby Eagle A3L Pro, only the Super 3 and A3L V2, so I don't know how much help I can be. Hopefully members who have owned this gyro version can provide input.

Just a few things to check or keep in mind:

- Ensure your Spektrum receiver is not a AS3X version, otherwise you'll have two gyros in the same system, which there should not be.
    - Check your servo Frequency setting in the gyro and see if it makes any difference with it set to the lowest setting (which I believe I remember as 50hz).
    - Make sure the gyro is securely attached to the surface it is mounted to such as using the included double sided tape (no velcro should be used).
    - Make sure there isn't wiring that has a loose/faulty connection such as the Mode wire, etc. Also, ensure any other wiring any components are secure and that that cannot and will not accidently move during flight.

Some questions:

- Does the twitching occur only in Trainer Mode or all other modes as well?
    - How often is the twitching occurring?
    - Are the servos all the provided ones that the PNP aircraft comes with?
    - The Elevator servos don't twitch, only the Rudders and Ailerons?

Comment

Hi T CAT,

Thanks for all this info.
      The gyro is programmed at 50hz, stock settings(Upped it to the two frequencies higher an no difference. It also only twitches In trainer mode. the surfaces work fine in auto level. The receiver isn’t an as3x receiver just a standard one.

The gyro is fixed securely and re checked wires and they are all okay. It’s odd as the auto level mode works fine, but as soon as you switch to trainer mode the airleron and elevator starts twitching when I move the control sticks. They both seem jerky. It’s a yank and bank aircraft so there’s no rudder but a nose wheel. Nose wheel moves fine.

The servos are standard stock ones that come with the F22 64mm from motion rc.

also the gain pots have been reduced to less than 25%. No difference, all that is doing is reducing the servo travel

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

Comment

Working...
      X