X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyro for flaperons?

I am looking for 3 axis (or 6-axis) gyro setup for an electric F15 or SU35 that will allow for flaperons and have both rate control and heading hold control that allows for high alpha passes (not a hover lock).

This means locking in any position in heading hold and requires that stick movement does not release the hold but rather controls the hold vector (like helicopter Yaw).
    I also need an elevator mix with flaps after the pitch gyro as to counteract the flaperons. This could be done with independent v-tail mixers but I would l have to set max deflection limits mechanically. It might be possible to do this mix in the transmitter as long as I lock out the heading hold mode when flaps are deployed. I found a Blue Light Technologies BL-3GRC that has a flaperon mix and might work. Anyone know if this is reliable or would work in this case?

Anyone with any ideas?

The Guardian by EagleTree has settings for flaperons. It is a 6-axis gyro, with heading hold and an auto-leveling mode for those 'Oh no! Which way is up?' moments. Depending on your transmitter, you can change modes with the flap switch, too. The G can be programmed with three remotely controlled modes, from a choice of 5: 2D (auto level), 2D+HH, 3D (mostly just anti-turbulence), 3D+HH, and off. In know MRC doesn't stock this item, but it's hard to beat, IMO, for the price.

Comment

Working...
    X