You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAN I FLY A RX600SP using recovery mode as SAFE?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAN I FLY A RX600SP using recovery mode as SAFE?

I set up my Hook2 P-51 mustang with a RX600SP, have it in beginner recovery mode and put it on a switch so I can fly in recovery mode. It seems that when I went into a turn, the plane went the opposite way, can it be I have the ailreons reversed? Or is it not possible to fly in recovery mode?

Make sure the RX is mounted securely (but not solidly), flat, straight and in the correct orientation.
    On the bench ...............................
    1. With gyro OFF, work the sticks on the bench and make sure all movements are in the correct direction. Correct (ie, reverse) as necessary.
    2. With gyro ON, move the plane each axis and note the control surface response to correct the movement. Correct on the gyro as necessary.
    3. In "recovery" mode, tilt and hold plane in axis to see if the control surface moves to correct and stays there. To see if the sticks work when in "recovery", move sticks when level and when tilted and see if they make the control surfaces move.
    These tests should always be done before the plane goes in the air when a gyro (and SAFE or recovery) is involved.
    PS. I have NOT had much luck making "recovery" work on the Lemon equivalent of this RX. The plane doesn't do what it's supposed to in recovery mode. In fact, it goes "crazy".

Comment

I have to agree with the last part of your statement, I went down yesterday because the plane went "crazy". Will check orientation later, in theory, it should fly in recovery mode like safe... right? I am using the Amiral RX600sp.

Comment

It's "supposed" to but like I said, I've never been able to make recovery work properly, so can't say for sure. I know that in SAFE for Eflite planes, you can fly it in that mode.

Comment

THANKS, Xviper.... I guess if it were that easy, spectrum would have a problem with it. So, I need to learn how to fly without safe... have to learn sometime, just would like to spend more time in the air instead at the rebuild table! LOL

Comment

I guess you could keep playing with it. Just make sure that the plane (and RX) is perfectly level when you plug the battery in (and don't move it while it initializes). Some of these things are very touchy to being perfectly level.
            Other (much more expensive) options would be to buy an open stock Spketrum AS3X/SAFE RX (eg. AR637T) and program it or put in a "Return to Home" device like the Bigaole. Both of these can be somewhat complicated to set up.

Comment

Working...
            X