X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reprogramming a Spektrun AR636A 6 channel receiver

I have a spektrun AR636A six channel receiver from one of the original 1.5m Timber planes. Does anyone know if this receiver can be flashed or reprogrammed
    so it acts just like a plain vanilla 6 channel spektrum receiver. I know it was originally set up with AS3X and switch selectable SAFE. Thanks to anyone who may
    know.

I had some luck with changing the numbers (gains) in a couple of 636A's but not in others. You can try to go in with the Bluetooth dongle and smart phone app and see if it will let you. If all you want to do is make is "normal" RX, change all the gains and priorities to ZERO. Not sure how to get rid of SAFE. The other thing you can try is using "forward programing" (if it'll let you - they don't always let you). Finally, if none of the above works, go to the Spektrum site and try and find the downloadable program that will wipe the RX clean and open it up. Then you can use the smartphone APP or forward programming. Mind you, if you wipe it clean, it'll just become a "normal" 6-ch. RX with no gyro or SAFE.

Comment

Thanks XViper. You always come thru with great ideas. I have the PC version of the Spektrum Programmer and also the Safe Model Builder program.
      Do you think it might do the job just like the phone app. I've been playing around with it but not sure if i'm doing any good. Just purchased a FMS ASW-17 sailplane
      from Horizon and thought maybe I'd be able to use the AR636A in it. I don't know anything about "forward programming".

Comment

"Forward Programming" is available in the new generation of Spektrum transmitters (DX series) and receivers (newer 636 and 637T). Once bound, you can program every parameter from the transmitter. gains, priorities, switches, SAFE, etc. Horizon Hobby on YouTube has a complete series of videos (well over a dozen) dealing with forward programming.

Comment

Lots of information here on reprograming safe receivers here

Comment

Is it possible to use forward programming on an AR636A with a NX transmitter? Or does it only work with the 636/637T 's.

Originally posted by xviper View Post
            "Forward Programming" is available in the new generation of Spektrum transmitters (DX series) and receivers (newer 636 and 637T). Once bound, you can program every parameter from the transmitter. gains, priorities, switches, SAFE, etc. Horizon Hobby on YouTube has a complete series of videos (well over a dozen) dealing with forward programming.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsa View Post
              Is it possible to use forward programming on an AR636A with a NX transmitter? Or does it only work with the 636/637T 's.

I believe you can. The NX series does have forward programming. The only unknown is if your AR636A is a "locked" one from an existing plane. This being the case, it is possible to unlock it by doing an "update" and wiping it clean and starting over again. This requires the special cable to hook it up to your PC. You won't really know until you give it a try.

Comment

Yes the NX series does have forward programming. But I’ve never heard of an a636a being programmed with it. I purchased my a636a used. I wonder if Spectrum can tell me if it’s locked? I don’t want to buy the cable if I never use it.

QUOTE=xviper;n327399]
                I believe you can. The NX series does have forward programming. The only unknown is if your AR636A is a "locked" one from an existing plane. This being the case, it is possible to unlock it by doing an "update" and wiping it clean and starting over again. This requires the special cable to hook it up to your PC. You won't really know until you give it a try.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Rsa View Post
                  Yes the NX series does have forward programming. But I’ve never heard of an a636a being programmed with it. I purchased my a636a used. I wonder if Spectrum can tell me if it’s locked? I don’t want to buy the cable if I never use it.
                  You may need to tell them what it came out of.

Comment

Working...
                  X