X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR637T Roll rate with full flap ??

I’ve installed an AR637T receiver in my Arrows Marlin EDF.
    I was flight testing it with various stages of flap.
    when I selected full flap I nearly lost sight of the aircraft because the roll rate was so small I couldn’t turn the aircraft back towards me.
    When I got it back on the ground I checked aileron deflection and found it normal on 0 and half flap but on full flap aileron was only about 5 degrees.
    Is this normal or have I screwed something up in the settings ?

Cheers

Originally posted by Simon Bee View Post
    I’ve installed an AR637T receiver in my Arrows Marlin EDF.
    I was flight testing it with various stages of flap.
    when I selected full flap I nearly lost sight of the aircraft because the roll rate was so small I couldn’t turn the aircraft back towards me.
    When I got it back on the ground I checked aileron deflection and found it normal on 0 and half flap but on full flap aileron was only about 5 degrees.
    Is this normal or have I screwed something up in the settings ?

Cheers
    It may be that you have set up your AR637T in Safe Mode which can incorporate reduced rates in your ailerons when switching to a specific Flight Mode. There are also settings for your Pitch & Yaw when setting up Safe in a specific Flight Mode. Take a look at these settings when you enter into Forward Programming Mode on your Transmitter.

Comment

Ok thanks I’ll take a look

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Bee View Post
        Ok thanks I’ll take a look
        It's the Angle Limits that you want to take a look at when you review those settings.

Comment

I remember seeing angle limits in SAFE but I don’t recall seeing anything related to flap setting. I’ll have another look tonight
          thanks

Comment

In general, "SAFE" is used for self leveling when you get into a panic and should not be used for general flying. SAFE, by its very nature, reduces the throws and also numbs the throws of all control surfaces, as well as limiting the angle of roll and pitch. When on SAFE, the plane will make a very big arc to turn around. It's wise to slow down when in SAFE so that you don't cover so much space when turning. Even better, use SAFE only at "strategic" times, such as in emergencies or for a more controlled landing. Flying in AS3X only is a better option.

Comment

Ok thanks good advice

Comment

Working...
              X