X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR637T, DR &Expo

Might sound like a stupid question but I’m going to put an AR637T in a tricky little EDF I’ve bought from a friend. Up to now with no stabiliser I’ve had D/R and expo set at 85/40 75/40 and 65/40, my question is with the AR637T set up with 3 flight modes do I need to also set D/R and expo ?

First, those dual rates (or triple in your case) of 85, 75 and 65 is quite minimal variation. A difference of only 10 from one rate to another is hardly noticeable. You might want to spread them apart a bit more.
    If you program 3 flight modes in the 637T, those rates you set up will still work, unless you desire to set them up as part of your flight modes, in which case, you should just leave the rates/expo at ZERO in the TX. I think it's handier and more versatile if you set the rates/expo in the TX and leave those settings untouched in the RX. Your flight modes can then be set as something like "SAFE" (where you have self leveling and the limiter on all axis), high gain and low gain. Or, you can have 3 different gains in the 3 flight modes till you figure out just what the ideal gains are for that particular jet. When you say it's "tricky", that implies to me, that you might benefit from having the self leveling (SAFE) as one flight mode and use the other 2 for different gains - one for high speed and one for low speed like when landing and cruising.

Comment

Ok thanks very helpful reply. I’ll spread those rates out a bit as you suggest and set up 3 flight modes . The 3rd and most ‘advanced’ mode I thought I’d set as AS3X only

Comment

Working...
      X