Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is another great idea!

Comment

It doesn't surprise me that it won't read directly from the throttle channel (Ch1), since the SMART ESC adds additional signals to that which may well confuse the sound card input. (I know for sure that the standard Arduino servo routines don't work when connected to a SMART ESC in the Ch1 throttle port). However, there shouldn't be any such additional signals on AUX3 (Ch8) even when mirrored to the throttle channel.

That's why I suggest seeing exactly what's coming out of Ch8 by plugging in a servo instead of the sound card (or even better, using a Y connector so both the sound card and the servo are connected to Ch8).

Comment

I will try that . It is only a reg 70 amp esc from I think Trinigy, not an Avian from Spektrum type.

Comment

I tried the servo and it worked as it should, indicating proper aux3 .
          it is on switch B and all three settings are set to -100 in the digital switch setting sub folder.
          It shows on monitor screen as in sync .

On throttle reduction, module continuously restarts and shuts down, even with trimmer at 100

Comment

I suspect a bad card. See if you can send in for service or refurb. I have a sound card that is behaving the same way. I am going to swap out to a spare and see if that is the issue. I have 4 other planes with the same card, and no issues with the same setup.

Comment

Sorry it has been awhile but . . . I cracked the code on getting the correct startup and shutdown sequence. There also seems to be a bug that if the correct shutdown value isn't triggered, it could cause the engine shutdown to repeat. Also, if you do not return to the correct threshold for shutdown, it will not play the engine sound at all. Here is my sequence of throttle settings that will trigger a proper shutdown and startup. My throttle is set to -80 and +80 for a Castle. So if you have calibrated your ESC to different throttle settings, just scale things around "80." Also, I am running a Castle Edge ESC on three planws using a Y cable to the throttle with no issues. If you have a Spektrum radio with a sequencer, you can use it to time and auto-trigger the sound system to the settings below off of a switch that also acts as your throttle cut.

Throttle Settings
              Startup
              -80 Motor Off
              -60 Start Engine Sound
              -54 low idle

Shutdown
              -54 Low Idle
              -70 Start Engine Off Sound
              -80 Motor Off

Comment

Working...
              X