X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactic 624 receiver brownout?

Well, I had a scare the other day flying the third ever flight of my new E-Flite Mini Pulse. I have been using Tactic receivers for a while now and do not have any issues. However I was on my downwind leg and just getting ready for a landing and my Anylink2 (I have a DX9 radio) beeped twice and I suddenly had NO motor. The plane started dropping and I quickly moved the throttle up and down and suddenly I had power again. Lasted about 2 seconds but it felt like forever. I was able to do a go around and come in with no issues. I had originally installed an older 624 with the short antenna. I have now taken that out and put in the 625 with the twin, longer antennas. I'm hoping it was a glitch, or maybe whatever, but I do not want that to happen again. The receiver is located mid plane behind the Lipo so I don't see where interference should have been an issue. I'm hoping the twin antennas spaced apart and facing opposite directions will give me better reception. I tossed the older 624, not taking any chances. Funny thing is that the electronics all came from an older Cub I got rid of that never had an issue.
    Addicted to planes!

Is there a cable from the Anylink2 to your DX9? If so is it tight and maybe a loose connection internally on the cable?

Just a thought........

Kevin
    Off with one helluva roar!
    AMA 1085465

Comment

Had the same thing happen to a guy in our club and he found tarnishing on the plug for the any link. Be wise to take Aros advice and clean all connections like this as well as esc connections with a pencil eraser every so often. We always tend to overlook things like this. Especially if your any link is not plugged in all the time. Good luck and happy flights😁.
      Dewey l

Comment

The cable that goes to the Dx9 is nice and loose, but I will look at the connection as it goes in and out with every battery change. That is what triggers the power to the radio on and off. Thanks, I haven't had a chance to fly again due to the weather but will be giving it another shot with the newer receiver too.
        Addicted to planes!

Comment

Wow. Did you say loose. I would preference it to be a snug fit. Being loose can actually cause loss of contact which in return loss of signal. It might be worth your time to open the case on the tx and flare or bend the clips slightly to make the plug more snug. Good luck and let us know what you find. I just currently started flying tactic. Been flying spectrum dx6 but found I needed a couple more channels to get the most of some of the planes I own. The 850 was priced right and the 8 channel receivers do fine. Could not use any link because my radio was only 6 channel and needed the extra channels. But I still love my dx6. Still getting to know my 850 but really like it so far and the receivers too.
          Dewey l

Comment

By the way I like your Zero. Which manufacturer did you get yours from. Heard they fly so good you would think they were a trainer.
            Dewey l

Comment

To clarify, I meant the cable running from the Anylink2 to the back of the radio was not stretched tight, it was a nice fit. The connector is fine too, good connection and fit. I flew the plane yesterday with the new, twin antenna, receiver. All was well, a great flight.
              You're question about the Zero, it's a FMS (55") that I bought at Motion. I really doctored it up with airbrush weathering and an antenna, HOWEVER, I never flew it....I sold it! I had so many offers after I posted photos of it, I let it go without even a maiden!
              Addicted to planes!

Comment

It looked awesome from what I could see. I'm sure you got your money's worth. I do love a plane made to look used. I done the same with the 1700 mm cms corsair back when it was really a problem.
                Dewey l

Comment

Damn predictive spelling changing things.
                  Dewey l

Comment

I've used some of my 624 receivers for around 6 years now. The only one I had an issue with was after I used one after it had been involved in a bad crash. The crash was my fault nothing to do with the equipment. Other than a few spectrums in bnf planes the 624 is all I use. I also use the 650 transmitter with them I have an Anylink but have not used it.

Comment

Well, it was a mystery to me as I've had good luck with the 624's. I just decided that from now on I will stick with the 625's and hopefully that will alleviate any issues. So far, so good with the several flights I've had. Flying the same field, and the same basic patterns.
                      Addicted to planes!

Comment

Retired, For a little piece of mind on your part the change is well worth it. The 625 is the same as the 624 with two long antenna correct?

Comment

Your right Farmflyer with the exception that the 625 switches from 1 antenna to the other depending on which one is getting the strongest signal. It dosnt operate on both antenna at the same time.
                          Dewey l

Comment

Working...
                          X