X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 amp or 100-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC Thrust reversing

I have a few plane now with the Avian Smart ESCs 70 amp and 100amp in the 1.5 M Mustang. I did get the Turbo Timber Evolution programed to Reverse Thrust with its 70 amp Avian Smart ESC. And am wondering if i can do the same in my 1.5 M Mustang and my V1200 Speed daemon as our runway is super smooth after we relayed it. Has anyone tried and succeeded in getting Reverse Thrust on the other Spektrum Avian Smart ESCs??you can see our Airfield at this link https://omahawks.org/a/szz/r/rc/home or on pg 26-31 in this months Model Aviation where we have an article about our club. I'm Cole Meyo

An Avian smart ESC needs to be mated to a Spektrum smart receiver in order to access the reverse feature. I believe the 1.5 P-51 BNF has the Avian smart ESC and the AR637TA RX. Since you already have the plane, you can easily see if you can access the Avian ESC menu simply by using the scroll wheel to see if you can directly scroll to the menu from the main screen. I know that the 637T will have it. I just don’t know if the 637TA will allow it. I just sold my P-51 or I could have found out for you. The V1200 has the same ESC and RX.
    FYI, the DRACO comes with the 637TA and reverse is already programmed into it when it comes out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
      An Avian smart ESC needs to be mated to a Spektrum smart receiver in order to access the reverse feature. I believe the 1.5 P-51 BNF has the Avian smart ESC and the AR637TA RX. Since you already have the plane, you can easily see if you can access the Avian ESC menu simply by using the scroll wheel to see if you can directly scroll to the menu from the main screen. I know that the 637T will have it. I just don’t know if the 637TA will allow it. I just sold my P-51 or I could have found out for you. The V1200 has the same ESC and RX.
      FYI, the DRACO comes with the 637TA and reverse is already programmed into it when it comes out of the box.
      637TA allows it. I have it enabled in my Carbon Z Cub SS with a 637TA

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post

637TA allows it. I have it enabled in my Carbon Z Cub SS with a 637TA
        There ya go. He's all set.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
          There ya go. He's all set.
          The TA version may require a firmware update depending on when it was issued. The first ones limited forward programming among other things. So if you don't see the option, update the firmware in both the esc and receiver to make sure you have access to all the latest features.

Comment

Working...
          X