X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotary Knob and adjustable gain query

I have the AR 637T and on Aux3 (NX8) I have the rotary knob for AS3X gains.
    What I would like is when the knob is fully anti-clockwise, gains are off and then progressively increased as you turn clockwise but what seems to happen is that when the knob is midway and you hear the beep, AS3X is off and turning anti-clockwise back to the stop increases it.
    Anybody know where or how I can set up the rotary knob or do I do it in Forward Planning

Thanks

Simon, I'm not sure I understand. I understand everything until you wrote:

"you hear the beep, AS3X is off and turning anti-clockwise back to the stop increases it.
    Anybody know where or how I can set up the rotary knob or do I do it in Forward"

It should be that when you turn the knob clockwise the gains increase. Is that not happening? As a note, I have never verified what that beep coincides to, other than indicating that you're indeed turning the knob. I feel like the gain adjustment is happening regardless of the beep. But I might be incorrect on that.

Are you trying to make it so that you can reverse the knob direction for gain adjustment?

Comment

The beep on the rotary is set at the mid-point of the knob rotation - IE, 50%. In order to make the rotarty control the gains on a smart AS3X RX, you have to tell it to use variable gains and also tell it which channel your rotary controls. It's defaulted to ch. 8 but this can be assigned to something else as desired. Unless you tell the forward programming what you want done, it won't know what to do. Further, if the gains are increasing as the knob goes anti-clock, then the channel needs to be reversed or you weren't checking the gyro response correctly at that time.

Comment

Working...
      X