X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TX16s with A3 Super 3 - Panic Button?

Hello, I am used to the Spektrum Safe select as I am a beginner with fixed wing planes and rely on the Panic button.

Is this Panic button possible for the A3 super3 and OpenTx16s running EdgeTx?

Any info on this appreciated please and also how to setup a panic button

Thanks.

I have no experience with your type of transmitter, so the following may not be directly relatable.

First, you should read the manual: https://www.hobbyeagle.com/manuals/A...al_v2.0_en.pdf
    I presume you have the HobbyEagle programming card. You will need it.
    What you're used to is "SAFE" mode in a Safe Select Spektrum RX. You may have had "SAFE" on the bind button, but typically, SAFE is assigned to one position of a 2-way or 3-way switch. This is also how HobbyEagle does it, except that HobbyEagle A3S3 gives you a choice of a possibility of 3 flight modes or 6 flight modes. Stick to the simple one where you can select a 3-position switch and one of those positions is what you want. HobbyEagle's version of SAFE is called "Auto-level" mode. Like SAFE, you can fly the plane in Auto-level. When you get into trouble, just let go of the sticks. Difference is Spektrum's SAFE mose is more restrictive in that it limits your bank and pitch angles. For your other 2 modes, you can select whatever suits you. I would suggest "trainer mode" and "normal" mode. These are selectable using the programming card.
    Any other questions will be covered in the manual.
    The A3S3 is a fairly advanced gyro and can be complex. If you don't have it yet and you don't have the programmer yet, perhaps a better choice would be HobbyEagle's latest A3 EVO. It's a 6-axis gyro that has the features you want and it doesn't need a programming card.

Comment

You might be able to create a temporary safe mode via programming of the controls when you press the button. Being open source os of that radio id bet someone has already created one you can install in it.

Comment

Working...
      X