X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral DSMP 6 channel stabilizer

I'm installing this gyro in a ME 109 I just finished. The radio is a Spektrum 18. I am using all 7 channels because I set the plane up in the radio with 2 flaps 2 ailerons elevator rudder and throttle. The radio told me the ports to plug the servo cables into. after binding and setting up choice A for the gyro everything responds as it should. Now the question is when I check the gyro action the elevator moves up and down when you move the plane so does the rudder. But when you tilt the plane from side to side only one aileron moves. Could this be from not using Y harnesses on the flaps and ailerons or is there a problem with gyro? I tried the Y harnesses and things didn't work correctly. Have used the Spektrum gyros with good success but this is baffling. Thanks for the help.

If I'm reading you correctly, you are using the RX600SP. If this is so, I am seeing a few things you are doing wrong. To do what you are saying, you need 8 channels. However, what you are saying and what you are actually trying to do are 2 different things.

1. This is a 6 channel gyro receiver. If you are using it as a 7-channel receiver, the gyro is turned OFF if you follow the proper bind procedure. NOW, you can activate the gyro by following the procedure in the quick start guide. Also look at the video provided in the product webpage under "support".
    2. With #1 in mind, you cannot tell the radio anything except that you have an aircraft type of "1 AIL, 1 flap". Telling it you have 2 AIL and 2 flaps is your first mistake. You tell the receiver what you want.
    3. Keeping #2 in mind, you cannot tell the RX that you have 2 AIL and 2 flaps. It cannot be done. It won't accept that. To do that, both ailerons and both flaps MUST be plugged into separate channels. There simply are not enough channels for you to do that and it won't understand it anyway.
    4. To use this receiver as a gyro receiver, you use 6-channels. The 7th channel can be used for something that the gyro does not control. Thus, the ailerons must be Y'd together as is the case for the flaps (Y'd together). Now, you're back to a "normal" wing on the receiver and "1 AIL, 1 flap" on the radio. Having done this will now open up the "flap" menu on your radio. This is where you must go to set up the flaps for each type of deflection (ie, neutral, take off and landing flaps. You may also need to go to your servo sub-trim to get the neutral flap more neutral). You can also assign the switch for flaps instead of relying upon the radio to default to the switch for channel 6 (ie, switch D). When defaulted to D, the radio does not actually consider channel 6 as flaps, but just another channel that has a 3-position function. When told that switch D is actually a flap, you can now also tell it what speed of deployment you want.
    5. Keeping #1 thru #4 in mind, you must ensure that you use those dipswitches on the receiver to correct for any gyro response directions that may not be correct (ie, dipswitches 1, 2, 3).

Comment

I went back and input to 1 aileron and 1 flap system, put a y harness on the ailerons, they did fine. Put a y harness on the flaps and they worked in reverse of one another. It was plugged into the gear channel with aux1 open and so was the bind plug port. My head hurts so I'll go to bed and worry about it tomorrow.

Comment

Another thing ....................... You say "ME109". I can only find a BF-109. There's a Nexa, a HobbyKing, a Dynam, a Hanger 9, an Echine. What kind of 109 do you have. Almost all RC models have aileron servos mounted in mirror image so when you put them on a Y, they act as "1 AIL". However, some planes have flap servos mounted in mirror image while others have them mounted in the exact orientation left to right. Mirror image flaps servos CANNOT be Y'd together to act as "1 flap". You must use a servo reverser on one of them.
        This might help to explain why putting the 2 flap servos on a Y won't work. You have to be very specific when you ask a question or it may be impossible to help you resolve this.

Comment

It is a BF 109 I'm sorry. I got this plane at our field completely built without electronics installed. I guess he did not want to finish it. Like you said I need to flip one of the flap servos over to make it work correctly. The slots were already cut in the mounting covers on the wings. I just used what he had. Let you know how it turns out. Thanks

Comment

update. The previous owner installed the left flap tray upside down making it work backwards. flipped it over moved the horn and all is well. Thanks xviper

Comment

There ya go.

Comment

Working...
              X