Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to diasable SAFE/AS3X settings on this rx: EFLR310013

Hi all,
    I am a newbie in this beautiful hobby - and I have recently bought an E-Flite Apprentice S15e - and within my club they advise me to disable the AS3X and the SAFE settings. Is there anyone here on the forum who has a clue (or a solution) to fix this?
    Please forgive me my bad English - It's not my native tongue.... :-(
    Best regards,
    Jouke

The manual does NOT indicate that safe/AS3X can be disabled. It's a feature of this particular model, assuming you have the 1.2m version. If you do not want safe/AS3X, you need to remove that RX and replace it with a standard non-Safe RX. For this type of plane (trainer), it would not be recommended.
    Why does your club members want you to disable it? Usually this happens when they don't understand how it works or how to calibrate it.

Comment

xviper is correct. There is no need to disable AS3X/SAFE on this trainer, especially if you are new to the hobby.

There's a guy who posts on rcgroups with username "flightengr" who has posted a huge amount of information on reprogramming these receivers, but for the time being I recommend leaving it alone and just flying the plane.

Comment

If it came with a radio like mine did, the radio itself has a 3 position switch to select beginner, intermediate and off.
        I Fly mine with a futaba radio and a lemon rx dsmx dsm2 module to get the 3 flight modes i had to assign channel 5 to "gear" and a 3 position switch. Basically the same way you do it with a futaba gyro. If not i wouldn't even arm the system to fly it. All i have to do is flip the switch to get the led in the planes window red and the safe/as3x to be off.

The reason they tell you to turn it off is to force you to learn to fly it without it correcting your inputs. in their mind it will keep you from developing bad flying techniques. I suggest intermediate to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Joukedb View Post
          Hi all,
          I am a newbie in this beautiful hobby - and I have recently bought an E-Flite Apprentice S15e - and within my club they advise me to disable the AS3X and the SAFE settings. Is there anyone here on the forum who has a clue (or a solution) to fix this?
          Please forgive me my bad English - It's not my native tongue.... :-(
          Best regards,
          Jouke
          No problem at all! Your English is perfectly understandable. Regarding the AS3X and SAFE settings on your E-Flite Apprentice S15e, disabling them is not a common practice unless you have specific reasons or preferences for doing so. AS3X (Artificial Stabilization - 3-axis) is a technology that helps stabilize the airplane during flight, providing smoother and more stable flight characteristics. SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) is a system that adds additional layers of stabilization and safety features to assist beginner pilots.​

Comment

If you want to turn off the AS3X as well, you can remove the SAFE/AS3X receiver and install a normal receiver2.

Comment

There have been a few different versions of the Apprentice, I consider it the best beginner trainer there is and a lot of that is the electronics in it. Generally I think if your club members are telling you to turn it all off they either don't understand the value of it or feel you are advanced to the point to not need it.

In the Apprentice the AS3X is always on. You can not turn it off. Safe is self leveling and is three position, beginner, intermediate and advanced. Advanced is basically no self leveling but AS3X is still active.

Rather than turn it all off, which would require changing your electronics, I suggest talking to your instructor as to why they want it all off and that in advanced the self leveling is off. If you have advance beyond the need maybe a new, more advanced airplane is the answer and keep the Apprentice for refresher or to introduce another to RC flying.

Comment

Working...
              X