X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTION RC SOUND SYSTEM

HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP. I PURCHASED THE RC SOUND SYSTEM . HOOKED IT UP AS PER INSTRUCTIONS. ALL I GET IS THE SPOKEN WORDS AIRPLANE ONE , OR I JUST GET A RUMBLING SOUND . NO START UP SEQUENCE OR ANYTHING WHEN I MOVE THE THROTTLE TRIM CONTROL. THANKS DENNIS WMS. LK. CANADA

Are you referring to the MrRC Sound system, or Freewing sound system?
    Both are sold by Motion RC.

If you have the MrRC Sound system v 4.1, the sound board needs to be powered up AFTER the airplane's ESC has gone through it's power-up calibration sequence.
    (The sequence of beeps that ESC's go through when the battery is first connected).
    Otherwise, the sound board and ESC throttle settings will not be in sync.
    (Refer to the "Powering up" section of the v4.1 instruction sheet).

I have a separate JST jack & plug that provide power from the ESC's BEC feed to the sound board power connections -
    I just plug it in for each flight after the ESC has gone thru power-up calibration.
    Works great!

I assume the Freewing system is similar, but never used it.

Comment

Hey Banjo7, let us know how you make out. I'm not sure with the Mr RC sound system, but the Freewing system needs to be calibrated and Ryan has a good video on doing that on the MotionR/C you tube channel.

How's the weather up there in Bill's Puddle? We used to go to Barkerville twice a year when we lived in Surrey, beautiful country!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

I've just received my Aspire sound module and so far I can only hear the sound options through the speaker when I push the button . It's probably something I'm doing wrong. I might have wasted my money as I bought it hoping it will be loud enough to hear the merlin sound over the gas engine in my 1/6 scale hydroplane. I know they are designed mainly for electric planes but will it work if it's not connected to an ESC. I have connected the y connection as per the instructions to the throttle servo , the servo operates but no sound from the module.Any advice appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X