X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX8 Tx and Admiral RX600 Will not Bind

I have two DX8 transmitters. Same model numbers.They look identical but the difference between the two is that one has a black colored setting roller while the second has a silver colored setting roller. The four newly purchased Admiral RX600 receivers will not bind to the "black" Tx but will bind to the "silver" Tx. I have tried in various planes with different Esc, different sized batteries, 15 feet distance, new bind plugs, tried for over three hours with no binding. Light comes on the Rx when battery is plugged in and then upon turning the Tx on with the switches on/bind, the light on the Rx flashes one or two times and then off. All four Rx's refuse to bind.
    HELP. What's going on?

Have you tried binding with the bind function in the menu instead of the hold the switch turn on way? Spek has always said that the better way to bind is through the menu.

Comment

Never knew this. Where in the Tx is that done?

Comment

In the secondary menu where you select airplane, wing type, channels, etc.

Comment

This function is not available in my DX8. You must have another model.

Comment

I do not have a DX8, you did not mention the model number so I didn't know. I see now it says DX8, I thought you said DX*... Do you have the older DSM2 DX-8 or a newer version or a G2? I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't have it you don't have it. Maybe as Andy in the radio forums at RCG. He is the one who wrote the DX radio's code.

Comment

Could you have possibly (unknowingly) disabled the bind button on that TX that won’t bind? I’m not even sure that this can be done, but might be worth a look in the “channel/switch” assign menu.
              You say you’ve tried different planes, ESC, batteries, etc. How about eliminating all of those as possibly being a problem and simply try to bind each RX to the “questionable” TX by just powering the RX with a receiver battery or just an external BEC? I’ve started to do that in my PNP planes before I even put it into the plane. I power the RX with an external BEC in one of the ports, bind plug installed and bind it all by itself, with nothing else plugged into any of the ports. Then I put the already bound RX into the plane and plug everything into it.

Comment

Working...
              X