X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral rx 600

This is my first non spektrum receiver and will use it in a wing. I opted to use it with gyro and stability. My question is do I press the button assigned to stability upon hand launching? Thank you.

Please clarify ............................ the RX600 is NOT a gyro RX. So, are you perhaps talking about the RX600SP? You must also have a clear distinction in your mind the difference between "stability" and "recovery mode". Stability (or "gyro" mode) should be ON when you are not touching the button. When you push and hold the button, you are activating "recovery" mode. Gyro stability is 3-axis. Recover is 6-axis. When you program the unit such that when you hold the button, you go into what is equivalent to Spektrum's SAFE mode. This makes the plane fly straight and level, "hands off". This mode will most likely make a hand launch easier and more steady. However, before you can rely upon "recovery" mode, the plane must first be flown in gyro mode and trimmed properly. If not, you can just as easily hand launch the plane in recovery mode straight into the ground. You should have someone else launch it for you so you can have both sticks under your control so you can fly it long enough to trim it. Once trimmed, then you can use recovery mode to hand launch it yourself.
    PS. You don't say what kind of wing you have. Certain brands and types of wings benefit immensely from dialing in a bit of "reflex" on a switch for the launch even if thrown in SAFE or recovery mode. That means you have a few degrees of UP elevator on a switch so that the plane is more likely to climb when thrown. Once flying, you throw the switch to neutralize the elevons.

Comment

You are answering an old thread about a discontinued product and a question asked by someone that never came back on the forum.

Comment

Working...
      X