X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectrum ar-8010T antenna

I mistakenly cut off part of one of the diversity antenna's. Just wondering if anybody knows if this receiver would still be functional by using two remote receivers?

Probably but you should replace the one. You can buy replacements.

Possible… https://www.amazon.com/10PCS-100mm-R...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Comment

Looks like these replacements are for frsky receivers. I saw others that are 150 mm. Don't know how long the AR 8010R antennas are. Thanks for the link.

Comment

The receiver's owner's manual tells you how long they are. 1 is about 3.6" and the other one is about 6". Which one did you chop off?
        There's this one:
        https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../SPM9745P.html

And there's this one:
        https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../SPM9746P.html

I may be off base on this, but the "diversity" part is mostly the electronic circuitry in the receiver. The antenna is primarily a particular kind of wire. That link the Evan put up may be for FrSky but the antenna is just a piece of wire inside a sheath. I think those may also work. I'd still use at least one remote receiver.

Comment

The over all antennae length isn't important except if you are trying to mount it a specific way. The active part is the silver part on the end and i has to be a specific length. The only other thing that is important is the connector and these use ipex connectors. Replacing one is no harder than popping the case open. popping off the connector with a tiny jewelers screwdriver and popping the new one on.

Spektrum normally will not sell parts so you need to find substitutes elsewhere. As long as it's for 2.4 and has the right connector it should work.

Some receivers are diversity, that they have two receiver circuits in the receiver. Others have a circuit to select the stronger signal from the antennae and send that to the single receiver. Others (typically not with coax antennae) simply have two wires soldered to the receiver board, no diversity.

Comment

Thanks so much for your feedback on this question.
            I have one more question saying that you guys are so knowledgeable. Can I use the AR 630 receiver with my dx9 transmitter? I have the Black Edition that was supposedly updated. When I try to do a setup I see I have no forward programming in my transmitter. Confused. LOL

Comment

Sorry, my understanding of forward programming is very limited. I know you have to enable it and have your receiver powered up but that's my limit.

Comment

Okay thanks anyway.

Comment

Do you post on RCG? Andy Kunz, Horizon employee who writes code for the Spektrum DX/ NX series radios is always answering questions like these. Plus others in the threads. They can also point you to some tutorials on-line.

Spektrum DX6(G2/G3/e),DX7(G2),DX8(G2/e),DX9,DX18G2,DX18T,DX20 Questions and Answers - Page 4839 - RC Groups

Comment

Originally posted by Cactus Bobby View Post
                    Thanks so much for your feedback on this question.
                    I have one more question saying that you guys are so knowledgeable. Can I use the AR 630 receiver with my dx9 transmitter? I have the Black Edition that was supposedly updated. When I try to do a setup I see I have no forward programming in my transmitter. Confused. LOL
                    First, make sure the TX has the latest update. 2nd, forward programming only shows up in the TX is the RX if bound and powered. Once that's done, have the TX on the model with the AR630 as the current model and powered up, scroll down the main menu and you'll see it. Unplug the plane and it disappears.

Comment

Originally posted by Cactus Bobby View Post
                      . Can I use the AR 630 receiver with my dx9 transmitter? I have the Black Edition that was supposedly updated. When I try to do a setup I see I have no forward programming in my transmitter. Confused. LOL
                      Yes, provided the update is recent. Forward programming is found in the DX9 menu ONLY when the receiver is bound and powered up. Make sure the wing type, etc. and servo directions are all correct too, before trying forward programming.

Comment

All right! Thanks a bunch for the heads up on the forward programming. I'll be on it tonight when I bind the AR630.

Comment

Working...
                        X