X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aura 8 help

Had an esc go bad in-flight. Salvaged what I could and ordered what was needed. All back together and when powering on the f100 the aura is solid orange, but only will control the retracts and the strobes all the colors. Anyone know the fix. Using ar8010t that worked with the aura before

That's a tough one, as there is little to no information on what the Status LED's mean.
    Some things you might try;
    Update the config tool if you use it.
    Update the Aura itself if you haven't already done that.
    Bind it again.
    Reload a backup of your config file. You do save your config files don't you?
    Before you reload, backup your current file first.

Good luck
    Bob

Comment

My experience with the Aura 8 is extremely limited and with the FlexJet and in that plane, I didn't like how it flew the plane, so it came out early. I have the F100 but I yanked out the Aura 8 immediately and replaced it with another gyro. There is some reference to the Aura LED lights in this guide on page 2:

Comment

Good stuff xviper.
        Sorry to hear of your displeasure with the Aura.
        I'm going out on a limb and will guess that you are not using the Flex config tool.
        It's a simple piece of software that alllows you to go beyond the stock configurations shipped with bind and fly/plug and play models.
        Flex has to try to please all of the people, all of the time.
        They cover from very simple just go fly, to a more versatile option with the config tool.

Don't give up on it yet.
        I'm also guessing that you were more familiar with the "other" gyro and felt comfortable with it, that's why you're happier now.

Take care
        Bob

Comment

Yes, I did use the config tool in the beginning with my first Aura8. I never could understand it and I just couldn't make it do anything I wanted. That's on me and nothing to do with the product. I'm very familiar and comfortable with HobbyEagle, Freewing E51/E52, Lemon stabilized RXs, Spektrum smart RXs.
          I even had success with the other Flex flight controller/stabilizer that came in my Cyphers, that is, until the APP got updated and now it won't talk to the flight controller anymore. Not a fan of the Flex electronics.
          I've sold every one of them to a friend for cheap. He loves them and he knows how to play with them.

Comment

I've had incidents with my Aura 8 in my RV-8, the gyro wouldn't activate. I just downloaded the newest file. (the 'expert' file which eliminates the off position on the switch and gives you a 'crow option' all the trims are done and the beauty of this is that the crow lessens the more throttle you give it.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
            X