X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller

Is there a radio controller that I can use on all jet planes?

Hi Charles. If all of your receivers are the same then the transmitter if matched to the same protocol should work. Ex Spektrum tx matched with rx of the same protocol such as DSMX should work, similarly Flysky tx with FHDS would work with rx of the same FHDS protocol
    may have the protocol abreviations wrong but the TX and RX must be a protocol match. Such as Futaba etc

Comment

Just want to buy the best controller as a one time purchase

Comment

What are you currently using for a tx , and what rx are you using in your planes?
        How many channels are you looking to utilize invluding future plans?

Comment

Don’t have any just looking to buy the best maybe what a 10 channel radio of what kind don’t know and don’t know what to buy with it sorry for the lack of understanding of what I need to buy!

Comment

It would likely be a good idea to check and see what is being used and recommended by your local club.
            If you aren't in a club yet, try checking out your local club or clubs to see which one fits your style and interests best.
            You will find that the local clubs will be of immense help to you in getting what you are looking for and helping you get the most out of it.
            Cheers
            Bob

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

You'll get every sort of opinion imaginable on radio brands. Mine is if you ever think you will fly a Horizon Hobby aircraft, Eflite mostly, especially their BNF that use Spektrum stuff you need to make sure you have a transmitter that can talk to it and use it's *Smart features. Obviously a Spektrum radio, I'd recommend a NX10 since you said 10 channels, can but there may be some other brands that can fully talk or partially talk to their stuff. While I use a Spektrum radio, I'm old school and don't use gyros, SAFE, telemetry of many thing in the Spektrum ecosystems.

For me cost of receivers was essential and there are many other brand receivers that work with Spektrum (though some do not have all the same features) at very reasonable prices.

Other things to consider. Warranty and non warranty support, ease of programming, upgrade and updateable, parts availability if you break a switch and can solder a new one yourself.

Ask questions but when you do give us context.

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

If you plan to fly jets you will undoubedly want retracts and flaps, and quite possibly canards, air brakes, elevons, tailerons, reverse thrust, and/or swing wings in more advanced models.

Programming these can be very challenging, and methods vary from brand to brand. I'd take a look to see what is popular among your local modelers, since these are the people you will be asking to help you.

Comment

Thank you very much !

Comment

I believe radio master radios work with several brands of receivers. https://radiomasterrc.freshdesk.com/...ers-can-i-use-

but I'm not sure about the quality of the radio. I only seen one person who wasn't being paid to positively review it didn't have much bad to say. but did have some gripes and issues. quality issues and operational issues. gimbal quality was also lacking. there's quite a lot of people who have had major problems on several forums. which is what pushed me away from purchasing one. but 99% of the youtube reviews are being paid.

Comment

While the radio master can come with the 4 in 1 module to talk to various receivers it may or may not enable you to use the various *Smart features.

Comment

Working...
                          X