Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPEKTRUM SkyID (RID) available

For those that need a RID after September 16:

The SkyID Remote ID Module by Spektrum is quality built and designed to last. See all our remote controlled radio systems and parts online at Horizon Hobby!

no compatibility with AR620 / AR630 / AR631 since these don't have Xbus (3-pin) connector. starting to wonder how much longer these will even be around.

i digress, but $4.99 for SPMA3032 - a 25mm x 35mm piece of adhesive from HH... lmao

Comment

You get two pieces for that price!!!

Comment

i should have read the manual before making assumptions... looks like all you have to do is run power to the module, which can be via Y connector on a servo port (if all the ports are used - for 6 channels they usually are). so it should work on just about any airplane receiver.

not sure this is something that could elegantly be put on a quad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach351 View Post
          no compatibility with AR620 / AR630 / AR631 since these don't have Xbus (3-pin) connector. starting to wonder how much longer these will even be around.

Wrong! A cable is supplied that can go into the Bind port on these receivers, or Y into any servo port.

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post

Wrong! A cable is supplied that can go into the Bind port on these receivers, or Y into any servo port.
            but i read on the internetz they are discontinuing these receivers, so it must be true.

(just kidding!)

32 minutes sooner and you would have had me.

Comment

I don't think it would be that hard to velcro it on the quad someplace. Velcro so you can move it from aircraft to aircraft. Maybe a whoop would be difficult but 3-4 should be doable and a 5 or more easily.

i should have read the manual before making assumptions... looks like all you have to do is run power to the module, which can be via Y connector on a servo port (if all the ports are used - for 6 channels they usually are). so it should work on just about any airplane receiver.

not sure this is something that could elegantly be put on a quad.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                I don't think it would be that hard to velcro it on the quad someplace. Velcro so you can move it from aircraft to aircraft. Maybe a whoop would be difficult but 3-4 should be doable and a 5 or more easily.
                exactly what i was thinking... velcro it to the top on a 5". and just solder a connector to power pins on the FC and you would be good.

Comment

Just got off the Tower/Horizon web site it looks like this sky ID will be available for $69.99. It weighs about 14 grams and the advert says it will fit none spektrum equipment. This looks like the only product available for right now, does anyone know of any other ones? I was on the monthly broadcast that motion has and the question was asked if Motion will make an ID module available and they did not have a clue. So for now it ia what it is!

Comment

I was on the Motion site this morning and did a chat with one of the customer service staff. I asked if motion is working on getting the ID modules. The rep said that management is aware of the issue and working on it. I found out that my club has not been approved as a FRIA at this time so we need the ID modules to be able to fly legally after Sept 16. Most of my fleet is motion models so I am grounded for now. My be forced to get the spektrum module but not sure if it works with Futaba receivers

Comment

The module from HH will work with Futaba. Plug it into an open receiver slot or MCBe slot to power it. The GPS in it won’t work but the RID will.

Comment

Thx Evan appreciate your feed back. I ordered one from Tower/Horizon can't wait for motion although, I wanted to order from them since they are my main supplier for my hobby.

Comment

Understood. I’m lucky that the FRIA request I sent for our club has been accepted.

Comment

The FRIA for my club got approved a little over a week ago... yay!

Comment

The FRIA for my club got approved a little over a week ago... yay!
                              Good news.

The approval rate is running around 75%. Most of the denials are due to submissions having roads, parking lots, etc. included in the area requested.

Comment

Just got this alert from the AMA :As AMA anticipated, the FAA has announced they are extending the Remote ID enforcement date by six months. Operators now have until March 16, 2024 before they will have to comply with the rule. So it looks like we have some breathing space before the remote ID is enforced.

Comment

Working...
                                X