X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dx6 v2

What is the difference in this and the Dx6?

DX6 v2 has more programming capabilities and more model memories than the DX6i
    Each generation of radios gets better.

Re-use of a discontinued product name leads to confusion.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Thanks but I'm not talking about the dx6i. My question is about the recently discontinued dx6 and the dx6 v2

Comment

The Version 2 has added features such as
        • Integrated Diversity Antennae
        • Adjustable Backlight and contrast for easy viewing The Dual Diversity Antennae is probably the biggest change as now the Handle has an Antennae in it so you now have opposing signal reception improving the security of the contact you have with your model. Just a couple of changes which the Higher end Radios already had like the DX-18.

Comment

Thanks Wayne I guess I ordered the last DX6 last night from the clearance section as soon as I placed the order it showed out of stock. I got it for a couple of ultra micros and maybe a couple of the new eflite bind and flys. The only reason I didn't get a DX6i is because of the 3 way switches. I think this will be fine for my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
            Re-use of a discontinued product name leads to confusion.
            It sure does. A big mistake IMO. I'm constantly trying to clarify that the new DX6 that I have is nothing like the original DX6 or the DX6i. There's always somebody who comes along and says, "You paid what for that thing? I can get one off Kijiji for $20.00".
            Next comes the new DX8. They really should learn to play the name game better. Or do what the car industry does ................ "Introducing the 2016 DX6".

Comment

Anybody out there that has mastered the voice setup? I got my DX6 radio few days ago and did the recommended firmware update and subsequent voice update. However !!! after the update my spoken words all had ".... switch X position zero" or whatever added to every word I setup on the switches.

How do I get rid of the ".... switch X position zero" ? IMO it is useless information. While flying all I need to know is whether I hit the "flaps down", "gear up" switch, etc. By the time she has mumbled all her switch info I may by nose in ground already. Very irritating.

Anybody that knows how to disable this part of the spoken words?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                Anybody out there that has mastered the voice setup? I got my DX6 radio few days ago and did the recommended firmware update and subsequent voice update. However !!! after the update my spoken words all had ".... switch X position zero" or whatever added to every word I setup on the switches.

How do I get rid of the ".... switch X position zero" ? IMO it is useless information. While flying all I need to know is whether I hit the "flaps down", "gear up" switch, etc. By the time she has mumbled all her switch info I may by nose in ground already. Very irritating.

Anybody that knows how to disable this part of the spoken words?
                Harry,
                I was not able to replicate your issue on my Spektrum DX9. Each switch has a single custom voice command that you set and it never says the actual switch number before the voice. For troubleshooting radio setup issues like this, I would recommend calling the Spektrum support group at Horizon Hobby. Their phone number is (877) 504-0233. They developed the software, so I'm sure they will be albe to sort it out. If you need further assistance, please contact the Motion RC help desk here: https://www.motionrc.com/pages/contact

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.MotionRC View Post

Harry,
                  I was not able to replicate your issue on my Spektrum DX9. Each switch has a single custom voice command that you set and it never says the actual switch number before the voice. .....

Mark
                  Thank you for the response. I have sorted the problem out in the meantime. It seems that the update algorithm needs a bit of a investigation. Even thought it was stated that with this update, the models will not be deleted, it seems that they can get corrupted in the process. One should probably delete all models and restore them again from backup. (not overwrite!). I could only fix the problem by deleting and resetting up from scratch. Luckily I had only three models to do.

Comment

Working...
                  X