X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEMON RECEIVERS SPECTRUM COMPATIBLE

Typically I use threads for advice but this time due to out of stocks on Spectrum receivers, I took the jump on lemon 7 channel and satellite receiver. I bought from Motion RC with confidence because they have never let me down on customer service .
    I purchased 3 and 3 based on reviews and so far my RC wallet is really happy but time will tell with usage once received and installed.

My purpose of this post , is a general request for overall feel on the lemon receivers. Back in the day I used orange receivers with consistent performance. I moved away from value options when I felt Hobby King was getting inconsistent with on simple quality from lipos to receivers.
    I have seen so many good comments on RCG about lemon I figured I would take the jump, hopefully not a waste of money.
    Considering I dont use safe or AS3x I figured the lemon receiver + satellite was still much cheaper then $129 for safe and as3X. .
    Thoughts ?

I like the new ones. I found the ones with stability a bit odd in plugging in and set up. In the past I stayed away from the older Lemons but had good luck with their satellites. My go to is still Orange, of my 100 or so planes with receivers, ready to fly I'd say 75% have Orange and most use Redcon satellites.

Comment

Thanks Evan, I only purchased the 7 channel non - gyro versions . I watched the videos on the Gyro equipped versions and also felt the set up was awkward at best .
      In addition if I want a gyro I will add the Eagle gyro.

Comment

I use safe gyro still would like to hear how these work out been using nothing but Spektrum AR630’s with no issues so far. Please update on how y’all fare and do they offer one with a safe gyro
        thanks guys

Comment

SAFE is a trademarked term used by Spektrum. You will find other receivers that have self leveling but not any that are SAFE.

Comment

I also bought one of the new ones to try. In the past I've had no issues with Lemon/Admiral receivers and loved the price. I got the 7-channel w/ gyro and have been disappointed with the setup. It was hard to get to bind - the bind button on the receiver didn't work. I also find the gyro almost impossible to setup on this one. You need 3 hands to do most of the setup, plugging in the battery while at the same time pressing a button on the receiver. While it's less expensive than a Spektrum receiver, the Spektrum are easier to use to me.

Comment

My receivers are part of a Christmas gift so I can’t test them until after the holiday .
              i did not buy the gyro versions because after watching multiple videos I felt the process ( as described above ) was cumbersome & confusing.

i love the Eagle 2 pod gyro & will use that gyro on planes that I feel need some stability.

Comment

Well guys, as you may know, I have been a big fan of the Hobby Eagle A3L for years, most of my planes have them. I have used Lemon receivers for years as well and love them. Now, sadly it looks as if the A3L is no more. I have, in the past, used the Gen 1 Lemon receiver with the built in gyro. I put it in my 1200 mm E Flite Spitfire as I absolutely HATED the AS3X. Damned thing didn't work worth a piece.... With the Lemon, the Spitty flies awesome. It being Gen 1 it had the micro switches and was an intense setup. Finally got it all sorted out the way I wanted it and the results were worth the pain. So I just got the Avanti Gen 2, so what better airplane to try out the Gen 2 Lemon?? The next time I go to set one up, I'll do it with a spare ESC and on the bench. Turns out that in order to get into the programing, all other ports except throttle must be empty (except channel 7 which needs a bind plug) so it's so much easier to NOT have to unplug the cables and install the bind plug while its on the bench, take it from me. Once you have stability on, the rest is pretty straight forward. It flashes two red lights (R1+R2) for normal tail, you hit button C twice and she's up and running. Assign a switch to Aux2 and the knob to Aux3. Aux 2 is Gyro off and on, the knob is gain. In my case, all the gyro directions had to be reversed, I cranked the knob to full and the control surfaces over corrected when moving the airplane. The gyro is supposed to correct (move) the control surfaces in the direction you twist the airplane, in other words, lift the wing and the control surface should move upwards (which, in flight, would reduce the lift of that wing) Now, I've set up the Hobby Eagle Pro and its definitely harder that the Lemon. Besides, as with the A3L's, once I did one, I never had a problem. In closing, I'd like to add that with the three pots, you can increase or decrease the gain of each control surface, which you couldn't do with the A3L.

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Bellke View Post
                  I also bought one of the new ones to try. In the past I've had no issues with Lemon/Admiral receivers and loved the price. I got the 7-channel w/ gyro and have been disappointed with the setup. It was hard to get to bind - the bind button on the receiver didn't work. I also find the gyro almost impossible to setup on this one. You need 3 hands to do most of the setup, plugging in the battery while at the same time pressing a button on the receiver. While it's less expensive than a Spektrum receiver, the Spektrum are easier to use to me.
                  Check to make sure that your throttle cut isn't on and sometimes (especially with Spektrum) you have to have the throttle trim all the way down. In my case, I powered up the receiver pushed the bind button, then turned on the radio, holding down the bind button on the radio and she binded (bound??) as easy as that. I used a small screw driver to push down on the button with my palm while connecting that battery. After that everything was straight forward. See my post above.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                  X