X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing Seagull FPV with Mobius + Docking Station

First flight of with my Seagull using a Mobius and docking station. Not the best day for a quasi maiden flight but it made it back to terra firma. Had a turkey vulture flying around with me and when I made a rough landing he started circling. Guess he thought the Seagull died. :)

Lauren

Nice flying Lauren. I've had turkey vultures fly around with my planes too. It doesn't seem to scare them at all. They are some big UGLY birds! Lol

Nice to see you back around again!

Jeff

Comment

My goodness, it's almost like our taste in RC aircraft is like a carbon copy of each other. I had a Seagull myself and I used to take it along on my road trips with the Honda S2000 Club of America and I'd send up the plane to do vids of where we traveled to and of course, to always capture the cars together at each stop.
      (Hmmm, somehow I posted this yesterday with a YouTube video but it didn't take, so I'll try just posting without the video and see if it takes.)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
        Nice flying Lauren. I've had turkey vultures fly around with my planes too. It doesn't seem to scare them at all. They are some big UGLY birds! Lol

Nice to see you back around again!

Jeff

Hi Capt!! Thanks!! I don't blame the vulture. The Seagull was flopping in the wind gusts like a sick bird. Hahaha! About ten seconds into that flight the thought of "This may have been a mistake" ran through my head. I think I will leave FPV flights for when it's a lot calmer and just fly LOS on gusty days. Hard to keep up with the wing waggling in the goggles... ;t
        Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
          My goodness, it's almost like our taste in RC aircraft is like a carbon copy of each other. I had a Seagull myself and I used to take it along on my road trips with the Honda S2000 Club of America and I'd send up the plane to do vids of where we traveled to and of course, to always capture the cars together at each stop.
          (Hmmm, somehow I posted this yesterday with a YouTube video but it didn't take, so I'll try just posting without the video and see if it takes.)

LOL!!! And jeez you're a sportscar nut like me too!! Were you able to get a camera in that little well in the fuselage and use that little window? I never found a way to get even my fingers into that area! What's your Youtube channel? I'll go look there besides since we like the same stuff I want to subscribe... :)

Mine is https://www.youtube.com/user/RobisonRacing68
          Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Flygirl View Post

LOL!!! And jeez you're a sportscar nut like me too!! Were you able to get a camera in that little well in the fuselage and use that little window? I never found a way to get even my fingers into that area! What's your Youtube channel? I'll go look there besides since we like the same stuff I want to subscribe... :)

Mine is https://www.youtube.com/user/RobisonRacing68
            No, I couldn't even get a Mobius in there. I just taped it to the top of the wing with a slight angle down.
            Here's mine: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChh...PNr8CdPo2CeUaw

As for sports cars, I'm afraid that bug hit when I was a teenager and it just got worse when I actually could afford it. I've lost more money in depreciation on just one of my cars in the 3 years I owned it than what my current (and hopefully last) car cost in total. It's was even more costly than this hobby. At my age, I'm hoping this is my last addiction.

Comment

You've got some seriously cool vids there kiddo....! I saw RC Flygirl. Just wanted to say, my hair is blond not orange. LOL!
              Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Flygirl View Post
                You've got some seriously cool vids there kiddo....! I saw RC Flygirl. Just wanted to say, my hair is blond not orange. LOL!
                Maybe in another life it was orange? :)

Comment

Working...
                X