X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Editing Software

I have a couple of Mobuis cams and was wondering what is the best software (free) that is being used. I have used You Tube and that's ok but, sometimes I don't want to add them to my page. used the Windows program that came with my computer but, it down grades the quality a lot. Just wondering who is using what and ease of use. Thanks

I use avs4you, it's not free but it's inexpensive. I've been using the suite for years.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
      I use avs4you, it's not free but it's inexpensive. I've been using the suite for years.

Thanks I'll give it a look

Comment

Iowa, I use Corel Video Studio Pro. Again, not free but not horribly expensive. It is a one time fee for the program.
        Lauren

Comment

I use the one that comes with Windows 10 (Windows Movie Maker) and for the stuff I put on YouTube, the quality is more than adequate. It's quick and easy to use, with all the features that ever want or need. It even asks me if I want to open a video with it. I've not noticed that it degrades the video and when viewed on YouTube in HD, it "seems" to be the same as the original off the Mobius.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
            I use the one that comes with Windows 10 (Windows Movie Maker) and for the stuff I put on YouTube, the quality is more than adequate. It's quick and easy to use, with all the features that ever want or need. It even asks me if I want to open a video with it. I've not noticed that it degrades the video and when viewed on YouTube in HD, it "seems" to be the same as the original off the Mobius.
            agreed xviper2!

I think, with regards to the video degradation, that you need to check what save settings/options are selected when you edit the video.... if it's set to save the video in a lesser format then it will scale the video accordingly.

I've used Windows movie maker quite a bit, and i've never had it degrade the video.

if you use Mac, their built in video editor is decent as well.

for Linux, OpenShot video editor is a good free program

Comment

The beauty of Windows Movie Maker is that it's already on most up to date PCs. I've also used Roxio that my wife has been allowed to put on all our home computers as it is considered that these are "satellite" work computers when the need arises. (Roxio is something that is licenced for her work environment. Not sure how much it costs.) It's a somewhat "fancy" but complicated program and I find it's just too fiddly to use. I'm a bit computer dumb but I'm sure for someone who is more savvy, it's a good program to use.

Comment

I'll have to see what version of Windows Movie maker is on my computer. Maybe its a simple upgrade to download from Windows. It does seem simple to use but, for me it seemed to down grade the quality but, then again I could be missing something in the process. Thanks for all the replies

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa54 View Post
                  I'll have to see what version of Windows Movie maker is on my computer. Maybe its a simple upgrade to download from Windows. It does seem simple to use but, for me it seemed to down grade the quality but, then again I could be missing something in the process. Thanks for all the replies
                  I'm happy with the Movie maker. Quality has been no issue. Just make sure your camera settings is for the higher quality, and when you save it on Movie Maker, select the higher def.
                  Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                  Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

anyone know of a good program that allows you to cut vids, splice ,add/edit sound etc...the free ones, inlcuding movie maker dont let you do that..plus I dont want the ads on them.
                    www.TSHobbies.com
                    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

I use AVS software for that kind of work, their bundle does a ton of different things and it's reasonably priced.

Comment

I looking at the Mobius cameras and I have no idea on how to upload videos to you tube I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea on how its done.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                          I looking at the Mobius cameras and I have no idea on how to upload videos to you tube I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea on how its done.

Nick
                          First you need to get it off the Mobius and onto your computer. Then you should use an editor like "Windows Movie Maker" to cut out the useless stuff. Then save it with a new name to a folder in your computer. To get it onto YouTube, you need an account. Use the "upload" function on YouTube to upload your video. Make it public so others can see it. Once it's loaded and published, copy and past the URL into the post you want to use to show everyone.

Comment

We use Sony Vegas. Outstanding software for movie editing. Highly recommended.

Oh, and I am a long time die hard Linux guy. The only thing Linux has that is the quality of Vegas is Blender, which has a steep learning curve unless you are an experienced 3D artist.
                            I dual boot Windows 7 only so my wife and I can do her videos in Vegas. But it is a bit pricey. The Movie Studio version of it is much cheaper though and quite capable. I would at least check it out.
                            Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

My daughter uses Sony VEGAS Movie Studio 13 Suite and really likes it, she does all kinds of things with it. At $140 you get a pwerful video editing system. She learned to use it by using it and a few helpful YouTube videos here and there.

http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com...-studio-suite/

Comment

I recently tried Wondershare Filmora and really enjoy it. The program has an intuitive interface, a plethora of programming options, and many features that simplify the editing process for non-professionals. It's free to try, and cheap to buy. The recent Spitfire teaser trailer I published a few days ago in the FlightLineRC 1600mm Spitfire Announcement thread was made in about an hour with this editing program. That time included downloading the program itself and figuring out how to get it to work.

Filmora (originally Wondershare Video Editor for Windows, Mac) is an easy and powerful video editing tool to edit & personalize videos with rich music, text, filter, element.

It was $39.99 to purchase. I tried out the software for free first, but after seeing just how easy it was to make good looking videos, it became an easy decision just to purchase it.

Here is a quick, unofficial preview of the upcoming FlightLineRC 1600mm Spitfire Mk.IX from Motion RC. Anticipated to arrive in April 2017, this Spitfire fol...

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I've been trying to download the Wondershare Filmora software but when I try to run the .exe file it spools for a few seconds and then doesn't launch. Hmmm...
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

A friend of mine, who is much more savvy in video editing that me, turned me on to the PowerDirector Suite by CyberLink. I think it costs around $60, but is very powerful (and is much more capable that I am). It makes it pretty easy to edit and splice videos together and overlay other graphics and sounds.it's definitely been worth the investment for me. But as someone else said (TI, I think), if you're uploading to YouTube, a lot of the goodness in graphics gets lost in the YouTube rendering.
                                    ---
                                    Warbirder

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                      My daughter uses Sony VEGAS Movie Studio 13 Suite and really likes it, she does all kinds of things with it. At $140 you get a pwerful video editing system. She learned to use it by using it and a few helpful YouTube videos here and there.

http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com...-studio-suite/
                                      I have used a few packages, and also settled on Sony/Vegas. It is really simple to splice things if that's all you want to do (as in any video editor). But after a while, you may find that you want to place moving text, or moving zoom window, etc. Sony supports these well, but you don't have to learn them right away. I found it to be a great balance of simplicity for the simple things, but higher-end features if you want to delve into that.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa54 View Post
                                        I have a couple of Mobuis cams and was wondering what is the best software (free) that is being used. I have used You Tube and that's ok but, sometimes I don't want to add them to my page. used the Windows program that came with my computer but, it down grades the quality a lot. Just wondering who is using what and ease of use. Thanks
                                        I use Adobe Premiere Elemets. I'm on Version 11 which is a few years old. Adobe is bugging me to upgrade but it runs fine and does whatever I need it to. I'm sure I'm only using about 15 - 20% of what it's capable of. A little expensive but quite powerful. Has a steep learning curve but like with anything, once you get the hang of it, it's fairly easy.

Check out my YouTube Channel; most of the videos there were edited with this software. I mostly use it to strip the audio, add music and captions. https://www.youtube.com/user/fixedwing71

Comment

Working...
                                        X