X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing Seagull FPV Flight

A little Seagull action from the weekend flying with Mobius and docking transmitter.
    Lauren

Nice video! I've been considering the Seagull as my second (big) plane and I just bought a used mobius to put on my Sport Cub S2...how do you like both?

Comment

Originally posted by danloc78 View Post
      Nice video! I've been considering the Seagull as my second (big) plane and I just bought a used mobius to put on my Sport Cub S2...how do you like both?
      Hi ya Dan! The Seagull is interesting because you can fly it as a V Tail or normal tail and as an EDF or a pusher prop. The V tail looks very cool and unusual and flies well. I switched out to a normal tail to get more rudder authority though but I' miss the unusual look so I'm thinking of going back to the V tail just for grins. The EDF flew fine but the pusher prop is more powerful and speedy so I've stuck with that set up. It looks like a Bixler but is not as floaty as the Bixler is and is also faster through the air. Does rolls nicely too. The window port that you can set up for a camera doesn't really work out because that area is almost inaccessible so I carved a flat are out just above the canopy and hot glued the Mobius docking station onto the plane. It works well because the canopy is so sloped that it doesnt get in the shot. I'll take a picture if you'd like?

The Mobius takes terrific video considering its price. I bought 3 extra mounting cradles so I can swap it between planes and even though I have a nice GoPro 3 Silver I end up using the Mobius far more often. You will love yours!
      Lauren

Comment

If you have time to snap a pic that would be cool, thanks! I don't have a FPV set up just yet. I will just start by doing some flight videos and maybe do some FPV down the line.

I was planning to just use velcro to attach the mobius to my sport cub.

Comment

If you have time to snap a pic that would be cool, thanks! I don't have a FPV set up just yet. I will just start by doing some flight videos and maybe do some FPV down the line.

I was planning to just use velcro to attach the mobius to my sport cub.
          Will do! The docking station transmitter is no different than the regular cradles except that it sticks an inch and a half further out the back. I'll take a pic for ya tonite. :)
          Lauren

Comment

Cool thanks! What are you using for a monitor?

Comment

Cool thanks! What are you using for a monitor?
              An old pair of FatShark Predator goggles :) But they still work!
              Lauren

Comment

I'm not very familiar with FPV equipment. Aside from the monitor/goggles and the camera, you need a transmitter on the camera and is that it? Or are there more pieces to the puzzle?

Comment

I'm not very familiar with FPV equipment. Aside from the monitor/goggles and the camera, you need a transmitter on the camera and is that it? Or are there more pieces to the puzzle?
                  Nope! That's about it! Most often you have a camera (GoPro, Mobius, or board camera) which is connected to a transmitter with an antenna (several different kinds but circular polarized is the one people use most often). The Mobius docking station combines the Mobius and transmitter into one unit when the camera is connected. You can see where I carved the foam to be a flat surface. You can also see the circular polarized antenna and the set of dip switches to change channels on FatSharks frequency band. You can also see the battery cable that powers the dock (camera and transmitter). I have 1000 mah battery inside the fuselage. Works pretty well!
                  Lauren

Comment

do the fatshark goggles have a built-in receiver? I see a docking station on HobbyKing for around $40, which seems pretty reasonable. I am thinking the FPV headset will be the major investment :)

I just got my used mobius in the mail yesterday and tested it out today, just taking silly videos of myself to make sure it works. Hope to get some flight videos soon. What programs do you use for editing?

Comment

do the fatshark goggles have a built-in receiver? I see a docking station on HobbyKing for around $40, which seems pretty reasonable. I am thinking the FPV headset will be the major investment :)

I just got my used mobius in the mail yesterday and tested it out today, just taking silly videos of myself to make sure it works. Hope to get some flight videos soon. What programs do you use for editing?
                      Yep! It comes built in to the goggles.... That docking station is the one I am using, yes... I use Corel Video Studio Pro X8 which I have used for years so I'm used to how it works. It's not free... About 75 dollars. YouTube has a free one I think? :)
                      Lauren

Comment

Working...
                      X