Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A3-L Issue - uncontrollable in roll axis

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A3-L Issue - uncontrollable in roll axis

I have an issue withe my Freewing Mirage A3-L gyro after installing some new Hyperion servos in the elevons.

I've flown this Mirage about 100 times with the A3-L installed and working properly, but now with these new servos installed, the slightest stick movement causes the plane to spin rapidly and wildly as if the servo is going maximum deflection in the direction of the stick movement, then locking there, regardless of what I've done in the radio to reduce throws.

I've turned the 3D mode pot to the off position, so I don't believe this is the issue, and I've also reduced the control throws for the ailerons in the radio like I had with the Freewing servos installed.

Does anyone know what could cause this issue?

Could is be because the Hyperions operate in reverse rotation of normal servos, a la Futaba?

The yaw axis (Rudder) seems to work normally, but I left the Freewing servo in the tail since the Hyperions operate in reverse and I didn't have the programmer to switch it over.

I recently had the same problem with the a3l. Everytime I switch it on all the control surfaces go to 100% but they do not hang there. Can not change the differential at all in the tx. No matter what I do it's at100%.
    Dewey l

Comment

I also have the 3d turned to zero.
      Dewey l

Comment

Working...
      X