X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servo direction issue

Today I was given a F-35 jet from a friend of mine that didn't care for it. I believe its older. I can't find a manufacturer name in the manual (its a poor manual). He said he thought it came from Hobby Lobby.

Anyway, when I put my receiver in it and started hooking everything up, the ailerons move in the same direction.... both up or both down. the two servos are connected to the receiver with a "Y" cable. Is there a way to change the direction of one servo without changing the other? The way the servos are installed in the plane, turning one over isn't an option.

Separate the 2 ailerons and put them into their own port and tell the TX you've got dual ailerons, then you can reverse one through the TX. This is the best solution. If your RX doesn't have enough ports, then get a servo reverser or reverse it yourself. There are YouTube videos that show you how to open one up and re-solder a couple of connections. Reversers only cost a few bucks. Or, you can buy a reversed servo of the same size and type or just two that are reversed from one another.
    BTW, Hobby Lobby is their old name. I believe their new name is Hobby Town. "Hobby Lobby" is now some kind of craft store.

Comment

There are a few options for you, some easy and some not, some more reliable and others not, or more or less work, etc. It depends upon what you feel most comfortable doing.

1. Separate the aileron servo leads from the Y-harness (and therefore no Y-harness needed), so each aileron lead will plug into your receiver in a different free port. The mixing will then be done in the Transmitter to make each channel act as ailerons. Now that they are on separate channels, you can keep one of those aileron channels as standard direction, while the other aileron channel will be reversed in direction to work as ailerons do.

2. Purchase a new servo (although if I switch out one of them, I prefer to switch out both at the same time so they have equal specs) of the proper movement/direction.

3. On one side of the aileron Y-harness, plug in a servo reverser like the one linked below.

4. You can take out and open up the one of the aileron servos and by careful and proper reversal of wiring, the servo movement can be reversed. However, it takes decent precision and good soldering skills to do it properly and reliably. There are some YouTube videos regarding this for easy reference, but make sure it's a valid one with legitimate information.

Comment

The servo reverser worked. Thanks for the input!

Comment

Working...
        X