Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airspeed data logger

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airspeed data logger

HobbyKing used to have a neat little GPS data logger for under $70 that used GPS to measure max airspeed, max altitude and flight time. Is there a suitable product on the market at a reasonable price?

Hello Tezact,

This is what you need. I have one of these and it's a great little device, works very well.

​​​​​​https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ps-speed-meter

Martin.

Comment

Martin what is the Upgrade ? I noticed it on the list under the Manual

Bryan
      But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Originally posted by Martin.MotionRC View Post
        Hello Tezact,

This is what you need. I have one of these and it's a great little device, works very well.

​​​​​​https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ps-speed-meter

Martin.
        Thanks Martin, I'll get onto MotionRC

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie 64 View Post
          Martin what is the Upgrade ? I noticed it on the list under the Manual

Bryan
          Anyone
          But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Anyone
            Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
            Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

I've got one of those. I have checked it against a police radar and a doppler sampling, and it does appear to be quite accurate, consistently within 0-2mph. I keep forgetting how to toggle the correct mode and how to start it correctly, so my tip would be to keep the fold up instruction manual in your field toolbox in case you need to refer back to it as often as I need to.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I've read and really like it but what is the upgrade? Listed with the manual is a how to upgrade , what is the upgrade for?
                But Crashing is Landing

Comment

I've read and really like it but what is the upgrade? Listed with the manual is a how to upgrade , what is the upgrade for?
                  Bryan........I went and read both documents that Motion provides under the quick links for this device and the upgrade appears to be nothing more than a firmware update which is not uncommon for GPS devices.
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

There is also this: http://www.velocity-rc.com/cgi-bin/v...on=show&pid=82

Surprisingly expensive but they work well. Cannot speak to absolute accuracy but generally compares well with an Eagle Tree airspeed unit.

Comment

Working...
                    X