X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle A3 Super II Doesn't Actually Support Futaba S.Bus

While you can certainly connect the A3 Super II to an s.bus receiver using a single line connection you still have to connect the s.bus ail/elev/rud servos individually to to the output channels of the A3 Super II to get the gyro to work. This defeats the whole purpose of the s.bus protocol which is to allow a serial bus connection of all your servos to a single s.bus channel on the RX. I think the Eagle instruction manuals are a bit deceiving on this issue. The A3-L and A3 manuals clearly show a standard RX setup with the servos connected to the gyro output channels versus an s.bus RX setup with only a single line connection with no servos connected. The A3 Super II manual only shows a single setup with the servos connected to the gyro but they are "grayed out" which could lead you to believe that might not apply to the s.bus rx (especially if you are already familiar with the A3-L/A3 manuals). Anyway, since the s.bus rxs and servos are a higher cost option I did want potential users to be aware that you can't really use the s.bus channel for all of your servos if you are installing the A3 Super II. Please don't take this as a knock on the Eagle gyros. I am a huge fan of them and now have 6 A3-L's and 2 Super II's in both balsa and foam airplanes and tend to automatically install them in all new plane setups. Also, I really was just trying out the s.bus system as a learning experience and the plane I'm currently setting up really doesn't need or benefit from the s.bus system so the use of the A3 Super II isn't causing any problem. I was just a bit disappointed to find that it really doesn't fully support s.bus based on what it implies in the manuals. If anyone else has had success with the s.bus system I'd really like to hear about it.Thanks.
    Bill
Working...
X